Torg Eternity FAQ

TorgHacker

Torg Eternity FAQ

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Here is the link to the Torg Eternity FAQ. This is a living document and will change as needed.

http://www.ulisses-us.com/TorgEternityW ... ?title=FAQ
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Re: Torg Eternity FAQ

Postby Kuildeous » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Q: How many times can you attempt a Block Strike in a round?
A: As long as you have Shock, you can Block Strike multiple times
Q: Can you get multiple attacks against a miss when you are attacked by multiple foes using a Combined Action?
A: No, just one attack back.

I gather that the last question continues to refer to Block Strike, but it'd be clearer if it references Block Strike directly rather than rely on the previous question.

Q: We have a small Storm Knight group (2 or 3 players) and we find that there aren’t enough Possibilities in play, and combats are quite tough. Any suggestions?

Q: We have a large Storm Knight group (6 or 7 players) and we find that there are too many Possibilities in play, and combats are quite tough. Any suggestions?

Might I suggest using the many-on-one modifiers to make the fights easier? Only four enemies attack, but you only risk one lucky roll rather than four. It also speeds up play as intended. I've learned that PCs will get hit with more Shock and Wounds if the minions attack one at a time rather than in groups, so that's a possible solution for groups having it too easy. I have a thread about that in Tangents, but I welcome anybody to check my results.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm

"Page 141. Augmented Reality. Replace the last sentence with: 'The HUD gives the character +1 to dodge.'"

I understand making dodge favored doesn't make much sense, so +1 to the skill is more appropriate. But does the HUD not make find favored anymore? +1 dodge doesn't seem like much for the price.

"Page 206. Add psychometry to the Core Earth – Anomaly, Pan-Pacifica – Psionic Mutation, and Tharkold – Awakened lists."

It's already on those lists in the actual book & latest PDF.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Kuildeous wrote:
Might I suggest using the many-on-one modifiers to make the fights easier? Only four enemies attack, but you only risk one lucky roll rather than four. It also speeds up play as intended. I've learned that PCs will get hit with more Shock and Wounds if the minions attack one at a time rather than in groups, so that's a possible solution for groups having it too easy. I have a thread about that in Tangents, but I welcome anybody to check my results.

Actually we view it the other direction. If you have say, 12 shocktroopers on 3 Storm Knights, we've gone with Combined Actions as a regular thing.

If you want to make it harder, you can stop doing it that way, and I did add that to the other question.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Spatula wrote:"Page 141. Augmented Reality. Replace the last sentence with: 'The HUD gives the character +1 to dodge.'"

I understand making dodge favored doesn't make much sense, so +1 to the skill is more appropriate. But does the HUD not make find favored anymore? +1 dodge doesn't seem like much for the price.

"Page 206. Add psychometry to the Core Earth – Anomaly, Pan-Pacifica – Psionic Mutation, and Tharkold – Awakened lists."

It's already on those lists in the actual book & latest PDF.

Turns out I misinterpreted Darrell's answer to me way back when. It's changed to still provide Favored find tests.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 pm

FAQ, Core Rules section wrote:Q: If a character does a test with a Favored skill, and the result is not a Mishap, can the new roll cause a Mishap or a Malfunction?

A: No. It is a re-roll and Mishaps or Malfunctions are not checked on re-rolls.

FAQ, Combat Section wrote:Q: Can a character who is Favored in an attack skill re-roll a Malfunction, as long as it was also not a Mishap?

A: Yes, but the new roll could still cause a Mishap or Malfunction, as it is considered a complete replacement of the initial die roll.

These seem to contradict one another.
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:21 am

Thanks! Got it.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Stewbacca

Postby Stewbacca » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Is there an intent to put all the character archetypes on the wiki so that, long term, we're not rifling through books to present our players with options?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:53 pm

Had no plans to do that, but I can see the appeal. Wouldn't be the full pdfs though, but a summary of the ones available might be okay.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Stewbacca

Postby Stewbacca » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:27 pm

Yeah, I had been hoping maybe something like an archetype title, and a sentence on what it is, maybe grouped by home cosm. So that a GM could point to that and say, "look through these, and we'll dig deeper on the ones that interest you." Hmmm, maybe a column listing what product the template is in?

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TORG)”