Another Cyberpapal Frontier Bastion

Impra

Another Cyberpapal Frontier Bastion

Postby Impra » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:19 am

Greeting fellow Storm Knight from the Northeastern Stelae Area .

The Reality Storm Chasers are back in business with a fully operational Command Center

called Hopfensturm
Command.jpg
Command.jpg (211.92 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
from where we coordinate all actions in our Area around Karlsruhe SW Germany.

Being in this business for almost 27 years now, we are eager to help new Storm Knight as well as veterans who seek a new base.

If interested we could even arange online video conference with our base.

Just drop us a line but kepp in mind violent storm conditions and Cyberpapal Security always try to interfere with coms.

GM Enhkmehotep
aka Martin

Taliesin

Re: Another Cyberpapal Frontier Bastion

Postby Taliesin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:58 am

Welcome!

Any help is appreciated. I hadn't noticed that Karlsruhe and Pforzheim were in the Cyberpapacy! I guess the Schwarzwald would make a perfect setting for a secret lab ;). And who knows what else could have appeared in there?

Cool gaming table, btw.

Necanthrope

Postby Necanthrope » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:04 am

This setup is great !!!
german engineering is really something, but a tech 24 gaming table is a nice addition, I even see many sharp tiped pens.

Anyway, welcome here.

Kamelion

Postby Kamelion » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:20 pm

I love this picture and the whole idea of a command centre :)

Is that you GM screen? The design is slick. What's it made from? Are those little lights on the inside?
The name that can be named is not the true name.

Impra

Postby Impra » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks for the welcome

All of us are hoping that the maps will get public soon so that we can pinpoint the stelae location which should be just across the street ....

And heretics as we are there will be very much resitance againt any cyberpapal agent.

Thats the view behind the masters screen

IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG (359.69 KiB) Viewed 1245 times

The screen is made of a 6 mm layer of plywood with 4 mm cork layer to pin really old fashioned the printouts to have a fast overview over all the data. it has a backlight led lighting.
the map including FoW is presented to the screen via d20 pro to a benq short distance beamer under the desk.

but youre right in case of all the tech not working we keep our pencils sharp and in abundance...

Greeting
Martin
Attachments
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG (199.44 KiB) Viewed 1245 times

Hawk Knight

Postby Hawk Knight » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:50 pm

Bad News. Pencils are actually fairly high tech axiom. Modern pencils date to 1500's at the earliest. I am not sure they will even function in Aysle (since I have not seen the new axiom equivalency charts in TE yet), much less LL. Prepare yourself with some charcoal :)
Last edited by Hawk Knight on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impra

Postby Impra » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:18 am

If tech will fall back to such low tech axioms we are prepared to write the important notes with blood on birch bark.

preferably not ours.

but aslong our majow enemy is using much higher tech we are quite confident our setup will work.

even a clumsy edeinos can operate our command stand.

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Toller Tisch. Do you have a DIY instruction? Greetings from Düsseldorf
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Impra

Postby Impra » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Hossa nach NRW.

Das war ein größeres projekt. Aber bei Interesse kann ich die einzelnen Bauteile und das generelle Konzept zusammenfassen.

Denn viele erste Ideen waren gut aber nicht praktikabel. Und ehrlich da sind ne menge resourcen reingeflossen.

Aber mann muss nicht zwingend einen screen von 160 cm auf 90 cm haben . Ginge auch kleiner

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:33 pm

Mit einem DIY begeisterten Freund habe ich auch schon über einen High-Tech-Tisch nachgedacht, gibt ein paar interessante Anleitungen im Netz aber meine Wohnung ist zu klein. Mein Cousin zieht demnächst von Süddeutschland nach Wuppertal wahrscheinlich in eine ziemlich große Wohnung. Da er ebenfalls Rollenspieler ist kann ich ihn vielleicht dafür begeistern. Über eine Anleitung oder Erfahrungsberichte würde ich mich daher freuen.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TORG)”