Greetings from a hardpoint in Cyberpapacy

Necanthrope

Greetings from a hardpoint in Cyberpapacy

Postby Necanthrope » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:26 am

#bzzzzzz#* Uncloacks self *#bzzzzzz#

Another french guy (this looks like an invasion) who has been reading all that happens here since day one, who Kickstarted on day2 and never really took the time to introduce himself. So awkward sentences and weird science grammar might come ahead. I will try to speak about mature subjects but without any inflamatory content (more to follow).
So I used to be a player in OTorg, with Lenaianel as a GM, some of my most memorable and enjoyable experiences in RPG. I never GMed Torg, was into V:TM at the time, and manily played only one caracter that ended very very OP.

I will surely GM Torg eternity, so my former GM can enjoy himself as a player too, and will try a very a realistic approach to the game world. I will use the system mainly as is, but will surely try (and fail) to introduce mattyers like racism, refugees crisis, religion, especially in our Core Earth reality. Economics and logistics will have a great importance.
I am especially interested in the philosophical consequences of the invading realities. I recently read an essay about how the orthodox chrch who were against the use of perspective in visual representations as it puts man in the center, as opposed to a 2d representation as seen from the point of view of an omniscient God. So the cyberpapacy with its use of holograms and VR can be a very interesting topic. As for Tharkold, indulging in Foucault and Chomski can be so great in reading power representations.

Also, one thing that OTorg does not seem to deal with, and I did not yet see anything about it in T:eternity is that humans have a very old way of explaining what reality is : Art, mainly in visual representations (but music and others apply). I am even certain that creating an Edeinos 'artist' can be very very interesting.

So this was so very pretentious I think, but hoped it was not too boring.

Vincent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

Taliesin

Re: Greetings from a hardpoint in Cyberpapacy

Postby Taliesin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:23 am

Greetings from somewhere further south!

Which hardpoint are you from? I promise I won't tell the Church ;). I wish I could experience GMing Torg for the first time again. That game has fashioned the way I GM now in so many ways. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have!

Necanthrope wrote:...but will surely try (and fail) to introduce matters like racism, refugees crisis, religion, especially in our Core Earth reality.

One of the things that I like with TE is that there's a lot more focus on how Core Earth is being impacted by the invasion. So, I'll definitely go in the same direction.

Interesting take on western religions and visual representations. I'd like to see how the Cyberpacy deals with that...

Necanthrope

Postby Necanthrope » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:06 am

I guess you are in brittany, i am roginally from here but had to come to Paris 20 years ago and my life is here now.

I will try to GM for kids too (my son and his friends, they are 13-14yo, I hope they can understand english enough to be able to read the cards.
V

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:18 am

Well, I'm actually further south, although I've lived in Saint Malo ;). I plan to introduce the game to my son, but I'll edit and translate the PDFs before printing them (he's only 7).

blackdove

Postby blackdove » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 am

Tried to introduce RPG to my son at 10years old, not so easy a task, with "Chroniques Oubliées". But he's starting to show interest

I guess that gor Torg, I'll have to wait some more years for him to play

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:19 pm

blackdove wrote:Tried to introduce RPG to my son at 10 years old, not so easy a task, with "Chroniques Oubliées". But he's starting to show interest
I guess that for Torg, I'll have to wait some more years for him to play

Not an obvious one for sure. I personally chose Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. Way easier, with the SW Rebels show and all that.
Don't worry though, playing Torg will be a breeze. Just stay away from Orrorsh, go easy on the zombies in Pan-Pacifica and you should be fine :D.

ZeDiac

Postby ZeDiac » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:22 am

Necanthrope wrote:Another french guy (this looks like an invasion)

Hell yeah ! Toute une génération que nous sommes ;)
"Storm is coming"

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TORG)”