Greeting from Ipswich

GeniusCodeMonkey

Greeting from Ipswich

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:22 am

I'm a big oTORG fan. It is my favourite system that I've been running off and on since it came out; so I was overjoyed to buy eTorg.
Love it, love it, love it.

Artwork
The new artwork is great (oTorg had problems there with the LL source book).

Cosmos
Living land:
I'm so glad you have tidied up LL and made it more useable. Combining the land below with the LL makes it more interesting to go there and it won't have such a stigma for my players.

Tharkold
My players and I loved the original. We like the idea of a 3000 year war with Demons causing a terminator type world of mature tech 26 and tech being bent to prop up the magic axiom.
I'm assuming the new version will have a similar background, but having psionics coming into play. Having psionics as their 'thing' will make it interesting (just don't bring back the space gods). I like the idea of Monkey Tricks being PSI.

Nile
Another favourite for everyone. Keep it just they way it is please!

Pan Pacifica
Not sure about this one. The setting seems stronger than NT, but I without more on MA there doesn't seem a lot of flavour yet.

Cyberpapacy
Other one my players were always that hot on (the artwork didn't help in the original). But the new modifications to the background and the fascist police state with drones etc. Make it much more entertaining.

Aysle
Keep it to what we know. Like it!

All in all, I like it. I can't wait for the LL source book.

I'll also have a look at the infiniverse exchange to add stuff to that.

P.S. the oTorg tharkold system for hacking the grid was sooo much better than the cyberpapacy hacking in the GodNet. When you do a hacking system, please base it off this. Making 3 or 4 die rolls to hack a system is way better than following a map and the extra effort you needed to out in for the GodNet system... and so much quicker for the other players.

Stewbacca

Re: Greeting from Ipswich

Postby Stewbacca » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:06 am

Ipswich? Don't you mean Notlob?

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TORG)”