Hi from California

Ampersands

Hi from California

Postby Ampersands » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Been lurking for a bit already. I used to play oTorg in high school, but felt like I never grasped all the rules. I didn't own any of the rulebooks and had to remember everything by explanation. At the time it seemed so complicated and overwrought, and I'd constantly forget how the rules worked. It always stuck with me though, since I loved the setting and premise.

Recently I found a copy of the Torg Eternity core book in a local game store during one of their sale days. I picked it up out of nostalgia, and didn't dive into it right away, but shortly after I found a couple reviews of both oTorg and Torg Eternity on the web. Reading that review of oTorg made me happy to find out that it wasn't just me, it really was that rules-heavy, and that Torg Eternity kept everything I loved while cleaning up the complexity. So I dove in, read the rule book, listened to the episodes of the One Shot Podcast where they went on a rescue mission in Cyberpapal Spain, got hyped, and am now planning on starting a game for friends in the new year.

I'm late to the party but it's been good to read some of the old threads here and get ideas. :) Hello!

GeniusCodeMonkey

Re: Hi from California

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:00 am

Hello! Great to hear you back in the possibility wars!
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Yoric

Re: Hi from California

Postby Yoric » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:28 am

The Cyberpapacy does not approve of that podcast. When the Divine Reality extends to encompass California, that podcast shall be cleansed along with whoever listened to it and failed to report it to the proper authorities. For the Cyberpapacy is love and rescuing someone from love is a terrible sin.

Welcome, though :)

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TORG)”