Hello from the Ottawa Valley

OttawaTom

Hello from the Ottawa Valley

Postby OttawaTom » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Greetings all.

I'm a Torg player, from way back who's eagerly awaiting the new version of the game. I've liked what I've seen in the previews, though it looks like there's going to be getting used to the multiple decks.

Any other Canucks taking bets if it will be Kaah or the Cyberpope who's going to be the first to invade an Eastern Canadian province?

Cheers all.
Tom

EDIT - Dang it, I missed that bit of BC.

TorgHacker

Re: Hello from the Ottawa Valley

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:18 am

<hops up and down>

I know! I know!

:lol:

(I'm from Kamloops, BC).
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

OttawaTom

Postby OttawaTom » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:58 pm

TorgHacker wrote:<hops up and down>

I know! I know!

(I'm from Kamloops, BC).

Your money's no good. Seriously, it's no good. It has Dr. Mobius on it!

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Tue May 02, 2017 8:36 pm

OttawaTom wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:<hops up and down>

I know! I know!

(I'm from Kamloops, BC).

Your money's no good. Seriously, it's no good. It has Dr. Mobius on it!

But at least it survives the washer!
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

Cosmic55

Postby Cosmic55 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:50 am

OttawaTom wrote:Any other Canucks taking bets if it will be Kaah or the Cyberpope who's going to be the first to invade an Eastern Canadian province?

We Maritimers always get a kick out of people in Ontario thinking of themselves as "Eastern Canada". ;)

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Hullo, folks,

My name's John Kahane, I'm 61 (heading for 62) years old, and have been a devotee of TORG since the game first came out and I ran the game. I loved the Living Land, since it first arrived on Earth, and always wanted to see it nail down the Ottawa valley. Was pretty freaked when the Cyberpapacy struck in eastern Canada as well, but loved that development.

One of my favourite memories of TORG is a game that I ran at CanGames the first year the system came out. Started the game in media res, with a jeep travelling through the LL with a band of intrepid Storm Knights on board, all lock and loaded for trouble. They got it all right, as one of the edeinos shamans used LL magic to drive a spear-like large tree branch through the vehicle! (There were a few other good memories I have of the game, so that's all right. They're marred by the fact that I had everything published for TORG and lost it all in a fire in 1997. That said, I still have my TORG d20 Storm die, but it has languished in a dice bag for lo these many moons. Pretty happy that I'll be able to take it out and use it once more.)

I'm ecstatic that the game is being re-born with Torg: Eternity, and can't wait to get back to the game again! Looking forward to it, and hoping that Ottawa falls under the spell of either Baruk Kaah or Jean Malraux! :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

OttawaTom

Postby OttawaTom » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:36 am

Cosmic55 wrote:
OttawaTom wrote:Any other Canucks taking bets if it will be Kaah or the Cyberpope who's going to be the first to invade an Eastern Canadian province?

We Maritimers always get a kick out of people in Ontario thinking of themselves as "Eastern Canada". ;)

Well I think my Ontario privilege is showing. :D

Would you buy Eastern Ontario at least?

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TORG)”