Victoria Gloriana Medal

LucasBlackstone

Victoria Gloriana Medal

Postby LucasBlackstone » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:52 am

I was wondering if the Victoria Gloriana Medal was meant to add 1 to both an attribute AND the linked skills as the wording says or if it was meant to add just to the attribute like the pulp power perk Super Attribute.

The wording is significantly different.
VG Medal = The medal grants a +1 bonus to any one attribute and its linked skills, chosen when the medal is awarded.
Super Attribute = When taken, Super Attribute increases a selected attribute by +1.

Ampersands

Re: Victoria Gloriana Medal

Postby Ampersands » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:04 am

I take that to mean that the related skills go up by +1 when wearing the medal because the stat went up by +1. (The skills going up was a clarification for Bless in the FAQ.)

Unrelated, but: checking that you've seen that these forums will be closing and Torg Eternity folks joined The Piazza forums as our new forum home?

LucasBlackstone

Postby LucasBlackstone » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:24 am

That is the other way to read it ( and way I initially did ) but it makes no sense to write the medal differently then the other abilities that do the same thing.

Thanks, I didn't realize the forums were moving. It's been awhile since I was posted here.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:03 pm

I read that wording as just a reminder that skills would be affected as well. While normally the change in wording would suggest that the medal is to be handled differently from the pulp power, I think this is the matter of different authors. Or even if it’s the same author, they were written at different times. In this case, I don’t think the change in wording is meant to imply that the rule is different.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”