Archetypes MIA

sandchigger

Re: Archetypes MIA

Postby sandchigger » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:50 am

Diskhotep wrote:I'd be happy to share if anyone wants them.

Please do.

Nyarlathotep101

Postby Nyarlathotep101 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:17 am

Zackzenobi wrote:I saw the title of the post and thought it was concerning the fact that there are only 16 Archtypes on the way. For us O Torg players it's easy to create one on the fly. Im worried about the newbies thinking they are limited to those 16.

I wouldn't mind seeing a list of extra Archtypes.

I am using a lot of the old one's from the old books. Granted, one can't copy them directly, but one can use them for character ideas and can use the stats/skills as kind of a guideline at least. I jut avoid the ones that seem iffy or uncertain as to whether they are still going to be valid or that would require me to make a new race

It's not perfect, but it will tide me over until more archetypes come out.

Mike McCall

Postby Mike McCall » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 am

Here's my collection of custom-built archetypes, for my one-shot binder. Hope they are useful to people.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_UXm ... kRCVXNDb1k

Staffan

Postby Staffan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Mike McCall wrote:Keep in mind that there are from-scratch character creation rules prominently in the new book.

That's a good point. In oTORG, the core character creation rule was "choose a template, distribute 13 skill adds in addition to the 3 you already have in your tag skill, and give it a name. Go!" Building your own character from scratch was a tertiary option, with the secondary one being "take a template and modify it to fit."

In TORGE, on the other hand, full character creation is the default, with archetypes/templates not even being part of the core rules but an add-on you have to buy or download.

That said, when I have some time to spare I just might decide to rig up all/most of the old World Book templates for TORGE.

Necanthrope

Postby Necanthrope » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Mike McCall wrote:Here's my collection of custom-built archetypes, for my one-shot binder. Hope they are useful to people.

WOW you did a very good job !! and your character sheets are great, with bigger bubbles.

Thanks !!
V

Tenushath

Postby Tenushath » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Mike McCall wrote:Here's my collection of custom-built archetypes, for my one-shot binder. Hope they are useful to people.

Fantastic job and this is just what I needed for drop-in players. I think you do a great job of showing players the breadth of what is possible in TorgE.

~Tenu

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Those are awesome, and some of the flavor text is excellent. Thank you!

I have one quick question and one thought;
Question: For the Mysterious Wizard, is there really any reason to start with points in the magic skills you don't have spells for? I actually asked someone else this, and he pointed out Scrolls, which will apparently require having the requisite Skill to use them -- but we don't actually have the rules for Scrolls yet, so...

And thought: For the Hardened Survivor, "Strong Willed" sounds good, but with only a one point difference between her Spirit and Strength anyway... would maybe Vengeful be a better choice? Then as she accumulates those Wounds that she will ignore the penalties for when she tests for Defeat, she'll also be able to hit back harder...

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Hullo, Diskhotep,

Diskhotep wrote:I ran four games of my Nile Empire scenario, "The Hand of Anubis" at last weekend's convention.

Is this an actual scenario for Torg: Eternity, or one that you created? If the latter, any chance of you sharing it with those of us who would be interested (such as myself)? There's always a need for convention scenarios. :) Pretty please. :)

Diskhotep wrote:I made a bunch of pre-generated characters for the players to choose from, some of them conversions from the 1st edition world book and the rest originals:

Aysle - Curious Mage
Aysle - Knight Protector

<snip, snip>

I'd be happy to share if anyone wants them.

edited to add templates

I would definitely be interested in seeing and using these. Please! :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Hullo, Mike,

Excellent job, Mike, and a great collection of Templates. What you've done here gives us all a good idea of the breadth and scope that character Templates (and thus player characters) can represent.

Question: The page with the background: Is this the way the page for the 16 official Archetypes will be done up?

Just a couple of things I noticed... For the Noble Barbarian, on the character sheet, the Strength is listed as 1, but I gather it should be an 11. And the Cyberpunk should perhaps be called a Cyber Punk? And I thought it was Pan Pacifica, not Pan-Pacifica (i.e., no comma).
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Russtifer

Postby Russtifer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Diskhotep wrote:I ran four games of my Nile Empire scenario, "The Hand of Anubis" at last weekend's convention. I made a bunch of pre-generated characters for the players to choose from, some of them conversions from the 1st edition world book and the rest originals:

Aysle - Curious Mage
Aysle - Knight Protector
Core Earth - Combat Medic
Core Earth - Intrepid Reporter
Cyberpapacy - Church Police Apostate
Cyberpapacy - Secret Agent
Living Land - Resourceful Survivor
Living Land - Vigilant Scout
Nile Empire - Adventurous Archaeologist
Nile Empire - Bitter Detective
Orrorsh - Inquisitive Alchemist
Orrorsh - Stern Preacher
Pan-Pacifica - Ex-Triad Enforcer
Pan-Pacifica - Ghost Syndicate Saboteur
Tharkold - Awakened Warrior
Tharkold - Blasted Land Guide

I'd be happy to share if anyone wants t

edited to add templates

Can you setup some links to download them? Maybe google drive or something?
Opps just figured out you did sorry.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”