Ion Gosuku Armor

Nyarlathotep101

Ion Gosuku Armor

Postby Nyarlathotep101 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Just something I was wondering about the Ion Gosoku Armor perk. Just making sure that I am not being an idiot.

The perk is very similar to the Aysle Dragon Warrior armor, in that it gives you a neat set of armor that can be upgraded with extras. However, I see that the Dragon Warrior armor gives you a free 'upgrade' when you buy it, but the Ion Gosoku armor does not. It sounds like you just get the base armor, unless you take the perk a second time. Is this intentional, a typo, or am I just being an idiot and missing it?

And on that same note, the Ion Gosoku armor tells you that what Tech Axiom in necessary for it, but the Dragon Warrior armor does not mention a tech (or magic) axiom at all.
Last edited by Nyarlathotep101 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farast

Re: Ion Gosuku Armor

Postby Farast » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:19 pm

Dragon Warrior is a * power (Perks with this symbol are dependent on their cosm’s World Laws and can cause Contradictions outside that cosm.)

I also assume you don't get a extra feature because Ion Armor is significantly better than Dragon Warrior armor (higher dex, less fatigue penalty)

Nyarlathotep101

Postby Nyarlathotep101 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:32 pm

Missed that asterisk bit, thanks

And the thing about the Ion armor makes sense

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:37 am

Yeah, Dragon Warrior's got a bit of magic in it too, and we're trying to avoid having multiple Axioms where possible, especially if the reality in question has a World Law that is totally appropriate (Law of Enchantment in this case).

Ion Gosuku just has a Tech Axiom because it's just technological.

As for the lack of an initial upgrade, yes, it's because it's kickass armor as it is.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”