Heavy Weapons and Explosives

Rocketeer

Heavy Weapons and Explosives

Postby Rocketeer » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:42 pm

I have some concerns about several entries in the Heavy Weapons and Explosives section.

The description of HEAT ammunition states that a HEAT round explodes after penetrating armor. Actually, the shaped charge of a HEAT round explodes upon contact with the armor, and uses the explosion to penetrate the armor.

The description goes on to state, that if the target is Very Large or has an Armor rating greater than 5, a HEAT round has AP 5, otherwise, it has AP 2. So, if a HEAT round hits a Large (or smaller) target with an Armor rating of 6, the round ignores 5 points of Armor, but if the target has an Armor rating of 5, only 2 points of Armor are ignored. That just doesn’t seem right.

Also, the table listings are stated as showing the AP rating for the “most commonly used ammunition for each weapon”. The description for the Hellfire Missile states that the standard version uses a HEAT warhead, but the table listing shows an AP of 4. Is that listing for a warhead other than a HEAT warhead, or is it considered a unique version of a HEAT warhead and thus does not use the HEAT Special Ammunition rules? This is the same for the LAW Rocket and the Bazooka.

In fact, several of the AP ratings given in the table strike me as being strange. For example, the 9kg shaped charge of a Hellfire Missile is given AP 4, while a 0.3kg block of C-4 has AP 10. A 30mm Auto-Cannon has AP 2, the same as a .30 Caliber Machine Gun, 20mm Auto-Cannon, etc.

In addition, there is no mention of back blast for weapons such as the LAW Rocket and Bazooka.

Looks like I’ll need to make several changes to this section

Atama

Re: Heavy Weapons and Explosives

Postby Atama » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Clearly they had no rocketeers working on that material.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”