Movement

Zackzenobi

Movement

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:10 am

Pg 114 says " Characters may move on each turn , if they're affected by a Flurry result."

Does this mean if there are 3 characters, each one can move 3 times, once on each person's turn?

Ayaron

Re: Movement

Postby Ayaron » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:14 am

Zackzenobi wrote:Pg 114 says " Characters may move on each turn , if they're affected by a Flurry result."

Does this mean if there are 3 characters, each one can move 3 times, once on each person's turn?

I think it means each character can move on each of their own turns. If there is a Flurry then each character gets an additional turn, so they each get an additional move as well.

If there are 3 characters, they can each move once on their turn. If they are Flurried, then they can each move twice.

DerHuthmacher

Postby DerHuthmacher » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:22 am

Either I got your question wrong or it just dosen't make sense. No offense meant.

Each person "may move up to their Dexterity in meters each round." So, normally, each person may move once per turn.
If you are flurried, you have essentially the benefit of having two turns, so each person "may move up to their Dexterity in meters each round" twice.

As for your example using three characters:
- normal round - three movements all together
- flurried round - six movements all together

Just interested - how did you get the three times per person?
---
Hell is where the heart is.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:11 pm

I think he was asking if Flurry allowed all characters of the affected side to move whenever any one of them took a turn. That answer is no. Instead, each one can move on their normal turn, and then each one can move again on the bonus turn granted by Flurry.
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

Blightcrawler

Postby Blightcrawler » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm

DerHuthmacher wrote:Just interested - how did you get the three times per person?

If you interpret "each turn" to mean every turn that happens, all characters get a chance to move, then it may read like a flurry allows characters free running-around (or if you have 6 characters, then a free running-at-twice-their-maximum-speed)!

Flurries are great because they allow things that only happen once per turn to happen twice, but they are not that good that they get multiplied by the number of characters in play!

Hawk Knight

Postby Hawk Knight » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:18 am

I don't see where each character may only move once. I see it as they can move their Dex in meters each round. So a character with 8 Dex can move 3 meters into the open, do their attack action, move 4 more meters to a door, perform simple action to open that door, move 1 meter into the room behind the door, and use their second simple action to close the door behind them.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Read "move once" as "move your 8 meters during your turn as you see fit" not "make only one move of up to 8 meters during a turn". The question was "do I get to move 8 meters on my turn, then another 8 meters on the wizard's turn, then another 8 meters on the samurai's turn, then...?"
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”