Damage and glory

Kuildeous

Re: Damage and glory

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 am

ZorValachan wrote:The only person who brought up the GJN "problem", was the ninja. He never thought it was a problem until he read about it (he is the longest running Torg character in my game-created in 1993, so it obviously did not affect him).

I noticed this phenomenon when I ran my elven swordmaster. Her high Dexterity and skill adds gave her a 22 Melee Weapons skill. It dawned on us that mooks either missed me completely or damned near killed me. There were no glancing blows from mooks. Only other experts in melee could hit me with glancing blows. We didn't see it as a problem, though, but it was highly inconsistent.

This could still let mooks roll high enough to hit a high defense with an option of a glancing blow or a devastating hit. In fact, it's more likely to be a glancing blow now since the mook is probably not going to get a Good result. But of course, that's where the many-on-one table helps out.

ZorValachan

Re: Damage and glory

Postby ZorValachan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
ZorValachan wrote:There are a lot if things I miss from OT, I think TE actually added complexity on some issues or changed rules that I felt the old rule was better suited for my group.

Curious about what those issues are if you have time and inclination to comment. Might be a subject for another thread though.

I added a post about my thoughts in Tangents and Miscellany

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1732

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”