Whip tail question

Alukar

Whip tail question

Postby Alukar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 am

I will be running my first Torg game tomorrow. I'm very excited.
It will be the Living land day one.

After a read through, i have only one question remaining.

► Show Spoiler

For free, really? (That's the passage bugging me). Is'nt that a multi-attack with the usual penality?

At the same time, whip tail seems like a weak perk choice with a low damage but great hit chance because it's favored.
But i could be underestimating that favored roll... not sure since i haven't played yet.

Someone can clarify this? I'm pretty sure i am missing something.

Want that final fight to be epic! :)

TorgHacker

Re: Whip tail question

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:46 pm

That is referring to an early version of the Whip Tail Perk. Use the current version (Favored unarmed combat) I can't remember if we already caught this error or not, but just in case I've passed it on.

Favored does increase the odds of getting Good or Outstanding hits.
Dean Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Farast

Postby Farast » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Also how does Whip Tail and Death Claw interact since the text of Whip Tail seems to suggest that you have to attack with your tail to get this benefit and Death Claw suggests that you have to attack with your claws.

Whip Tail p87 wrote:The lizard-folk use their tails primarily for balance, but some have learned to fight with them as well, performing complicated spins and flips that turn their tails into long, whip-like weapons. Unarmed combat becomes Favored when an edeinos attacks in this manner.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:52 am

Distract with the tail, hit with the claws. Works together.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:47 am

Farast wrote:Also how does Whip Tail and Death Claw interact since the text of Whip Tail seems to suggest that you have to attack with your tail to get this benefit and Death Claw suggests that you have to attack with your claws.

Whip Tail p87 wrote:The lizard-folk use their tails primarily for balance, but some have learned to fight with them as well, performing complicated spins and flips that turn their tails into long, whip-like weapons. Unarmed combat becomes Favored when an edeinos attacks in this manner.

You have to pick one or the other.
Dean Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:19 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Farast wrote:Also how does Whip Tail and Death Claw interact since the text of Whip Tail seems to suggest that you have to attack with your tail to get this benefit and Death Claw suggests that you have to attack with your claws.

I pick clawing the guy in front of me and whipping the one behind me with the tail... :lol:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:28 pm

:roll:
Dean Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:41 pm

TorgHacker wrote:

This may need to go in the errata. By the letter of the rules, you could attack once with a tail and once with the claws and fulfill the requirement to make all your attacks favored.

But I'm glad to see it ruled definitively.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Atama

Postby Atama » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:57 pm

This thread validates what I initially suspected, which that for Edeinos the claws and tail are mutually exclusive. You pick one unarmed combat style or the other if you want a Dino-Might Brawler. Choosing both just isn't a good idea.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:40 am

Darrell and I are having a discussion. Stand-by.
Dean Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”