damage chart after the TORG AMA

Necanthrope

damage chart after the TORG AMA

Postby Necanthrope » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 am

I hope that the damage will be more in line with real life ammunition powers.

I made a chart with the joule power of various weapons and put into the TORG Value chart, put a minus 2 modificator and it worked wonder.

http://drive.google.com/file/d/19Jzkqm6 ... sp=sharing
of course there might be errors as I guess that Tharkold 9mm ammo might be more efficient than Core Earth one.. or laser damage, etc...
But you won't have pistol ammos being more efficient than rifle ones.

Vincent

Shayd3000

Re: damage chart after the TORG AMA

Postby Shayd3000 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:25 pm

I believe oTorg used fps+1 to derive damage values for firearms. I have not checked to see if that still applies.
“99% of failures come from people who make excuses.”
― George Washington

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:06 pm

We have not based the damage amounts on a formula.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Ayaron

Postby Ayaron » Wed May 16, 2018 8:38 am

Shayd3000 wrote:I believe oTorg used fps+1 to derive damage values for firearms. I have not checked to see if that still applies.

My understanding is that it was the speed in meters per second (or per round, whatever was the standard speed scale in oTorg) times the weight of the bullet. I.e Force = Speed x Mass. (It's possible that +1 is the conversion of feet to metres?)

As oTorg explained, to multiply in their logarithmic scale you actually added.

And a mass of less than 1kg went into minus on the scale, -5 is 100 grams, -10 is 1 gram etc.

So the formula I remember for a rifle bullet was something like a Speed of 24 plus a Mass of -8, giving the damage rating of 16. Which I thought was cool.

I believe something similar was done for melee. The speed was from the characters strength, and you added the mass of the weapon. With bladed weapons getting a bonus +2 or something.

Note, I don't think any of these formulas were official. But it's what people worked out by studying the rule book, and most everything seems to fit.

I do understand that it's been simplified and the Strength/Toughness numbers re-balanced so a straight formula no longer works. Interesting to think that all we need is a flat -2 to maybe get the formula working again.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”