Nile Empire Preview #4 - Pulp Sorcery

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Re: Nile Empire Preview #4 - Pulp Sorcery

Postby Kuildeous » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Actually, that ability to spend a Possibility to gain the use of a spell for the rest of the scene is a great way to handle the high-magic caster who has limited spells from perks. I could see this as a thing for Aysle archmages or something Maybe even something as powerful as having it for the rest of the act.

Nice.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm

I like the little Dr. Strange reference slipped in there. :)
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:49 pm

I don't see the example of the flashy pulp power. Did somebody Glamor it to look like a Comment field?

I like the Possibility-for-a-temporary-spell idea a whole lot, too! I also really like the inclusion of Invisibility on their list without making it not a Contradiction - that really fits the "Weird Magic" idea of Pulp Sorcery.

Staffan

Postby Staffan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Atama wrote:I like the little Dr. Strange reference slipped in there. :)

I count at least three - Sorcerers Supreme, the Blue Bands of Bastet (= the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak), and Images of Isis (= Images of Ikonn).

That said, "blue" is a bit pedestrian. How about the Sapphire Shackles of Sekhmet? Or if alphabetization is important, perhaps Burgundy Bands of Bastet? Or if the alliteration isn't so important, perhaps just replace Blue with Cerulean, Cobalt, Azure, or Sapphire?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:52 pm

utsukushi wrote:I don't see the example of the flashy pulp power. Did somebody Glamor it to look like a Comment field?

Oops!

It's there now.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Kuildeous wrote:Actually, that ability to spend a Possibility to gain the use of a spell for the rest of the scene is a great way to handle the high-magic caster who has limited spells from perks. I could see this as a thing for Aysle archmages or something Maybe even something as powerful as having it for the rest of the act.

Nice.

I suppose with Aysle you can have spend 3 shock (permanently fatigued) or even a wound for additional power (spells) for your typical sickly Archmage.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

sandchigger

Postby sandchigger » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Wait, so they can - after buying a perk - spend 1 Possibility to know any of the 7 spells on their list? Man, those other 5 new spells better be incredible.

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:03 pm

sandchigger wrote:Wait, so they can - after buying a perk - spend 1 Possibility to know any of the 7 spells on their list? Man, those other 5 new spells better be incredible.

No, those spells are in addition to the list already in the TECR. It's an "upgrade," not a downgrade!
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

sandchigger

Postby sandchigger » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:07 pm

pkitty wrote:
sandchigger wrote:Wait, so they can - after buying a perk - spend 1 Possibility to know any of the 7 spells on their list? Man, those other 5 new spells better be incredible.

No, those spells are in addition to the list already in the TECR. It's an "upgrade," not a downgrade!

OH! I missed that bit. Sorry, still waking up here.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”