Ulisses North America

fougerec

Re: Nile Empire Preview #5 - Amaatism

Postby fougerec » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:55 am

A Mummy perk!!!

mistervimes

Postby mistervimes » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:22 pm

If the Mummy perk cannot be purchased with XP, how does this balance? Obviously it's difficult to obtain, but is it structured like a race for game balance or is there more to it?
"He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:40 pm

mistervimes wrote:If the Mummy perk cannot be purchased with XP, how does this balance? Obviously it's difficult to obtain, but is it structured like a race for game balance or is there more to it?

It originally was going to be a race, but we ended up not liking that idea.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Mummies are slow so not good at racing.

Will mummies actually be mummified? Walking dessicated corpses in other words? Do they have permanent wrappings? I’m wondering what they look like, they may have social difficulties. I could see people in Aysle accusing the mummy of being a lich or wight or something. And a Jakatt from Living Land May not want anything to do with them (though a Gotak would probably want to be their best friend). I’m curious how that’ll work.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Atama wrote:Mummies are slow so not good at racing.

Will mummies actually be mummified? Walking dessicated corpses in other words? Do they have permanent wrappings? I’m wondering what they look like, they may have social difficulties. I could see people in Aysle accusing the mummy of being a lich or wight or something. And a Jakatt from Living Land May not want anything to do with them (though a Gotak would probably want to be their best friend). I’m curious how that’ll work.

Think the 1999 Mummy movie.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:05 pm

I'd totally love to see Mummy as a race option rather than a perk :)

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:26 pm

TorgHacker wrote:

Think the 1999 Mummy movie.

Got it. So they look normal (at least most of the time). That makes sense.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Mummies don't have to be fast if they can send big-ass walls of sand/water in the shape of their faces after you.

Presumably they aren't slow (think about ones from the 1999 and 2017 version of The Mummy). They might be Vulnerable to Fire, though.

Daedra18

Postby Daedra18 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:33 pm

If recall spirit is cast on a dead storm knight from another cosm does the newly resurrected knight switch cosms to NE in order to qualify for the mummy perk? Or is the mummy perk available to all cosms?

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”