Reality skill

lurkingowl

Reality skill

Postby lurkingowl » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:21 pm

What sort of things can you do with the Reality skill?

The Beta primer has some Perks that let you do some cool stuff with Reality skill, but what sort of default things can you do?

The sort of things I'm thinking:
Tell that someone is from a different Cosm.
Tell *which* Cosm someone is from.
Tell whether someone is Reality rated.
Tell whether an Ord has enough possibility energy to safely transform again.
Tell whether an area has enough possibility energy to safely be re-coverted (whether you can pull a Stela.)
Identify an Eternity Shard, Hardpoint, or Talisman.

Gargoyle

Re: Reality skill

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Other than the official stuff in the book, I've just been letting them use it to be able to identify the existence and function of eternity shards, hard points and talismans (no skill check required), to be able to tell what reality they are in, whether a foe is possibility rated and how many he has left (sort of a transparency thing there anyway), and once I had a DSR for a Storm Knight to successfully use an eternity shard's special purpose to trap a clutch of hatching kaiju eggs.

I would also let them know if it was safe to pull a stela and probably some other things.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:21 pm

These sound like fine uses. Not RAW, but very immersive.

I'd probably actually require Mind + Reality, but I also like the WoD and L5R method of matching up the attribute with skills. Torg does allow for it, but the character sheets kind of lock the total value based on the attribute. But it doesn't take much to tell someone to roll Mind + Reality. It's just like hitting someone with psionics and asking for Mind + Willpower.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Kuildeous wrote:These sound like fine uses. Not RAW, but very immersive.

I'd probably actually require Mind + Reality, but I also like the WoD and L5R method of matching up the attribute with skills. Torg does allow for it, but the character sheets kind of lock the total value based on the attribute. But it doesn't take much to tell someone to roll Mind + Reality. It's just like hitting someone with psionics and asking for Mind + Willpower.

I would say it is RAW. The skill section specifically stats the attribute is what the skill is most associated with, not its only attribute.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”