Gospog Control

mica

Gospog Control

Postby mica » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:51 am

The rules appear to be somewhat vague on how gospog are controlled and directed. Instances simply refer to the High Lord using them for various means but do not explain how this occurs.
They are mindless so simply telling them to attack a bridge or storm a gate presumably won't work. Further, often the High Lord is not around when they are active. While the fields are often described as being planted and maintained by minions, again there is nothing supporting the argument that these minions actually have any control over them.
So for example an army of gospog arrives at a location without a High Lord - who gives the orders and how?

My current theory is that the power is directed from a darkness device and disseminated through the appropriate authorities at the location. While the local authority may give commands, these are referred to the gospog via the darkness device. As such while taking out local authorities may initially cause confusion at some point the darkness device may actually start to pay attention and assume direct control.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Re: Gospog Control

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:59 am

I always thought similar to you, except the higher the planting the less control the DD has.

By the 3rd or 4th planting the gospog has been 'programmed' with the DD/High Lords intent so would be autonomous and wouldn't need a controller. If the action is what it thinks the DD would want it just does it. If it gets into trouble the DD would know.

I would imagine that even though the High Lord of a realm has control of the gospog, the Gaunt Man is probably still it's master. I can't see the Gaunt Man providing such an advantage to his enemies without a way to control them if they are sent against him.

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:13 am

My party have run into small plantings in the LL so far and I have had a Gotak giving direction for them.
My assumption had been that the High Lords/DDs would have delegated control over 1st & 2nd Planting as least to local 'trusted commanders'. In this case the Gotak rather than the local Eidnos chieftain.

I also had them run into semi atonomous ones when they were passing through a deserted city. Mainly to throw a zombie apocalypse feel into how an deserted town would feel like in the living land. They were just patrolling randomly essentially with order to grab/kill anyone they found.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:10 am

Count Thalim wrote:My party have run into small plantings in the LL so far and I have had a Gotak giving direction for them.
My assumption had been that the High Lords/DDs would have delegated control over 1st & 2nd Planting as least to local 'trusted commanders'. In this case the Gotak rather than the local Eidnos chieftain.

I also had them run into semi atonomous ones when they were passing through a deserted city. Mainly to throw a zombie apocalypse feel into how an deserted town would feel like in the living land. They were just patrolling randomly essentially with order to grab/kill anyone they found.

This is what I've done. In the Cyberpapacy I have demons controlling them. It's not canon AFAIK, but IMC Malreaux refused the use of gospog, so the Gaunt Man offered them to certain demon leaders, and they have "Shepherds", minor demons, that herd them toward populated areas. Malreaux publicly denounces this, but privately loves that he can play the savior and have Church forces protect people from the demonic led gospog hordes. Everyone wins...except the people of course.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”