Gear Notes

bchoinski

Gear Notes

Postby bchoinski » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:30 pm

I was going through the rules, pulling all the various gear from the books into a single document for my players. I noticed that a lot of items have no descriptions of game effects. Is there any plan to add these to the Wiki, or do people have their own lists?

Sunrunner

Re: Gear Notes

Postby Sunrunner » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:29 am

rules might be nice, but most of the items that lack a description are fairly self explanatory. I mean they don't have a description for Backpacks, but do you really need one? There are a few that I would like some details on like Hands Free Comms, but its communications gear you dont need hands to operate. The only real info I want is an idea on ranges but given how Torg operates I am assuming that if its dramatically appropriate for you not to be able to talk to some one you cant, and its all GM fiat.

bchoinski

Postby bchoinski » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:42 am

There are degrees of "self-explanatory" here. Even a small blurb would be nice. For example, what's the benefit of nylon rope over hemp rope? Perhaps the basic hemp rope can hold 4 storm knights/500kg, while the nylon is rated up to a ton? If you have lockpicks to can actualy do the task; is it impossible without them, or can you use makeshift utensils for a -4 or worse penalty? What benefits to binoculars provide -- we have no notes about "range penalties" for find attempts, and this item may mitigate those...same for spectacles.

For things like Torch or Candle, I assume that they mitigate darkness penalties, but to how far out and to what degree?

I agree that space in the core book was limited, but there is no reason why their own Wiki can't put some meat on the bones here.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:36 am

bchoinski wrote:There are degrees of "self-explanatory" here. Even a small blurb would be nice. For example, what's the benefit of nylon rope over hemp rope? Perhaps the basic hemp rope can hold 4 storm knights/500kg, while the nylon is rated up to a ton? If you have lockpicks to can actualy do the task; is it impossible without them, or can you use makeshift utensils for a -4 or worse penalty? What benefits to binoculars provide -- we have no notes about "range penalties" for find attempts, and this item may mitigate those...same for spectacles.

For things like Torch or Candle, I assume that they mitigate darkness penalties, but to how far out and to what degree?

I agree that space in the core book was limited, but there is no reason why their own Wiki can't put some meat on the bones here.

One reason is that we're spending time and resources on producing future products.

If this really has a big demand, this sounds like a great product for the Infiniverse Exchange.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”