Breathe Fire seams really powerful

fougerec

Re: Breathe Fire seams really powerful

Postby fougerec » Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 am

Staffan wrote:
fougerec wrote:Plus multi-action is the best way to get 3 turns out of strike as opposed to 2 since the duration includes the turn you cast it.

I'm not sure that would work. Generally, all parameters of an action (including a multi-action) are set when you begin your action - this was discussed in an earlier thread. It's the same principle that says you can't use an Interaction to make a foe Vulnerable and then get +2 when attacking them in the same round with a multi-action.

If you can't multi-action then Strike really only has a duration of 2 rounds if cast on yourself since Page 197 says "How long the miracle lasts, starting with the round in which it was invoked".

Staffan

Postby Staffan » Tue May 14, 2019 1:49 pm

fougerec wrote:
Staffan wrote:
fougerec wrote:Plus multi-action is the best way to get 3 turns out of strike as opposed to 2 since the duration includes the turn you cast it.

I'm not sure that would work. Generally, all parameters of an action (including a multi-action) are set when you begin your action - this was discussed in an earlier thread. It's the same principle that says you can't use an Interaction to make a foe Vulnerable and then get +2 when attacking them in the same round with a multi-action.

If you can't multi-action then Strike really only has a duration of 2 rounds if cast on yourself since Page 197 says "How long the miracle lasts, starting with the round in which it was invoked".

I don't really see that as a problem. You're probably better off casting it on your friends, anyway.

Alternately, Utsukushi's approach seems eminently reasonable.

vaminion

Postby vaminion » Tue May 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Staffan wrote:I don't really see that as a problem. You're probably better off casting it on your friends, anyway.

Alternately, Utsukushi's approach seems eminently reasonable.

Utsukushi's approach is also the only one that keeps Copycat from being nearly useless. 2 rounds of borrowed skill adds before you need to take a round off to refresh it isn't worth the spell slot.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”