Telekinesis errata

mrroderick

Re: Telekinesis errata

Postby mrroderick » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:27 pm

What would most GMs here do if they had player who asked to rebuild their PC who was built off of TK? Allow it? or them's the breaks?

Atama

Postby Atama » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:47 pm

mrroderick wrote:What would most GMs here do if they had player who asked to rebuild their PC who was built off of TK? Allow it? or them's the breaks?

The only fair thing to do is allow at least a partial rebuild or ignore the rules change. It’s unfair to have someone build their character around abilities written a certain way in the final, published book, then tell them later that the abilities are now severely limited. If their character no longer works with TK, let them get an XP refund and spend it on something else.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:57 pm

mrroderick wrote:What would most GMs here do if they had player who asked to rebuild their PC who was built off of TK? Allow it? or them's the breaks?

I would never* tell a player "them's the brakes". I might have a conversation with them to explore whether the change meaningfully impacts the fun they would have. I might even ask them to give it a session or two to see whether it really matters to them, but only if they were a little ambivalent, not if they felt strongly. But in the end I want the players at my table to enjoy playing their characters.

Graethynne

*of course this could be abused. But that's a larger problem beyoind the scope of the question. Serial reworks premised on optimizing for the adventure at hand wouldn't fly. But Reflecting on a rules change, or even just discovering that something doesn't play out in practice the way it looks on the page isn't a reason to punish a player.

vaminion

Postby vaminion » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:23 pm

General answer: rebuild entirely.

Personal GM answer: figure out what the player wants and go from there. That could mean a full rebuild or it could mean I create custom powers for them to use.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:54 pm

Definitely allow them to rebuild.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”