New Perk: Past Lives question

Padre

Re: New Perk: Past Lives question

Postby Padre » Fri May 31, 2019 4:27 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:Maybe it's a bit too complex to officially specify, but can Faith in a religion without the concept of reincarnation fulfill the prerequiste?
(I've heard that most of Christianity has no concept of past lives, and Keta Kalles has no concept of the afterlife.)

Yes. Christianity does not teach reincarnation. In fact, their central text specifically speaks against it.

The perk could be reskinned into some type of divinely inspired knowledge that allows the Storm Knight to know how to do things they normally wouldn't. A classic example might be a divinely implanted knowledge of language, such as is portrayed in Acts 2.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:39 am

Padre wrote:
QuarrelBlue wrote:Maybe it's a bit too complex to officially specify, but can Faith in a religion without the concept of reincarnation fulfill the prerequiste?
(I've heard that most of Christianity has no concept of past lives, and Keta Kalles has no concept of the afterlife.)

Yes. Christianity does not teach reincarnation. In fact, their central text specifically speaks against it.

The perk could be reskinned into some type of divinely inspired knowledge that allows the Storm Knight to know how to do things they normally wouldn't. A classic example might be a divinely implanted knowledge of language, such as is portrayed in Acts 2.

Guardian Angel whispers in your ear...
The voices in your head tell you...
The math hidden in [blank] chapter [blank] verse [blank] suddenly becomes clear...

MalicWanderer

Postby MalicWanderer » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:55 am

Joan of Arc springs to mind.

Personally, as much as Faith perks requiring faith adds makes sense, I kind of feel like being faithful in *this* love doesn't necessarily make sense as a prerequisite for being influenced by memories of your previous ones. Really depends on the variety of reincarnation you're looking at I suppose.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 am

Thanks for clarification and all the ideas for reskins.

So, it may be more like Revelation. not limited to past lives...?

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”