Aysle Sourcebook Q&A Thread

TorgHacker

Aysle Sourcebook Q&A Thread

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:12 pm

Once the Aysle SB is out at the end of the Kickstarter, put your questions here!
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Rabbitball

Re: Aysle Sourcebook Q&A Thread

Postby Rabbitball » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:20 pm

I'll try to be around to take questions while Deanna is away (and maybe beyond)...
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

dwrose

Postby dwrose » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Elvish Perks: this is a list of perks that Elves are allowed to take, but none of these perks have "Elf" as a prerequisite, was that the intent? Also Elven Magic has prerequisite "Elven Sorcerer" and Triple Shot has "Elven Archer" as prerequisites. Elven Sorcerer is an archetype, and while I don't see Elven Archer as an archetype, it should be one. But I don't think archetypes have been used as the prerequisites for a perk before and it doesn't seem very Torg like to limit perks by archetype. Is this also intentional?

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:18 pm

dwrose wrote:Elvish Perks: this is a list of perks that Elves are allowed to take, but none of these perks have "Elf" as a prerequisite, was that the intent?

The second para, of the Elf section's intro, specifies that the Perks are for Elves.

Also Elven Magic has prerequisite "Elven Sorcerer" and Triple Shot has "Elven Archer" as prerequisites. Elven Sorcerer is an archetype, and while I don't see Elven Archer as an archetype, it should be one. But I don't think archetypes have been used as the prerequisites for a perk before and it doesn't seem very Torg like to limit perks by archetype. Is this also intentional?

These prereqs are Elf Perks from the Core Rules (P88-89.)
Non-denominational "Devil's Advocate"

FrankG

Postby FrankG » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 pm

Spellbook Perk Question

Can this perk be purchased multiple times? It doesn't say it can but it seems weird that all spellbooks in Aysle would only have three spells. ;)
Check out my new adventure: The Cape May Tribe - A three act adventure set in The Living Land

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 pm

Concerning the Law of Enchantment on existing magic items, on pg 89 under the Law of Enchantment "If the GM chooses to enhance a currently enchanted item, it becomes an Arcane item or an Artifact (see pg 48?).

Pg 48 says " Only Artifacts can have more than 2 Enhancements"

So if I understand correctly:

Enchanted- One Enhancement
Arcane- Two Enhancements
Artifacts- Three Enhancements

So all it takes is a roll of 60 with an Aylish Possibility Chip and your Arcane sword becomes an Artifact?

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:14 pm

Also it looks like Denmark is the Aylish version of the Living Land White Zone. Unless I'm blind. I dont see anything on it.

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:59 am

Mysterian (Faith Perk) lists Elf as a requirement, shouldn't it be an Elf Perk (just like Elven Sorcerer is an Elf Perk in the CRB)?

mica

Postby mica » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:34 am

This may have been answered elsewhere but I haven't spotted it.
Necrotic Aura: The necrotic spell that animated these creatures reduces the damage inflicted by non-magical attacks by half.

How is this calculated?

When do you half the damag, e.g. in the case of 20 damage total vs 8 toughness?
Before accounting for toughness? e.g. Damage total = 20/2=10, Toughness = 8 , Inflicted damage=2 (does nothing).
Or
After toughness? e.g. Damage total = 20, Toughness =8 , normal damage = 12, inflicted damage = 12/2 = 6 (slays a skeleton)

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 am

Not really a Sourcebook question, but since there wasn't a thread dedicated to the Delphi Missions :
Night of the Mummies, page 48 mentions Scholar (anything suitable), Scholar (archeology) and Scholar (history) rolls. So far I was under the impression Scholar was a single all-encompassing skill and only Profession and Language were parenthesis skills.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”