No-handed weapons?

QuarrelBlue

No-handed weapons?

Postby QuarrelBlue » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:03 am

A Heliopteryx warrior cannot use hand-held weapons, but is there any weapon which require no hand?
For example, can you fire a blowgun(pre-loaded) while holding it with your jaws only?
Or, will there be something like Ninja weapon fukumibari(in-mouth needle, or small blowgun hidden in mouth for surprise attack - often aimed at enemy's eye) ?

*I considered about something like foot-mounted spurs, but found that under the Living Land Tech Axiom such weapons will rarely go better than natural edeinos claws and thus better held for non-edeinos jakatt Chosen Heliopteryx...

TorgHacker

Re: No-handed weapons?

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:22 am

QuarrelBlue wrote:A Heliopteryx warrior cannot use hand-held weapons, but is there any weapon which require no hand?
For example, can you fire a blowgun(pre-loaded) while holding it with your jaws only?
Or, will there be something like Ninja weapon fukumibari(in-mouth needle, or small blowgun hidden in mouth for surprise attack - often aimed at enemy's eye) ?

*I considered about something like foot-mounted spurs, but found that under the Living Land Tech Axiom such weapons will rarely go better than natural edeinos claws and thus better held for non-edeinos jakatt Chosen Heliopteryx...

GM's call.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am

Transformed Heliopteryx with cyber implant weapons mount.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:18 pm

Dancing swords work, until the heliopteryx disconnects... :mrgreen:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Of course the famous Bohemian Earspoon, so named because - I'm certain - you wield it using your ear, which was a very socially unconventional way to hold a large polearm at the time. Hence, "Bohemian," which is clearly the part of the name that causes confusion.

mica

Postby mica » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:05 am

A good old fashions spiked helmet

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:41 am

TorgHacker wrote:GM's call.

Since I have no GM around and am working on generic Archetype the point is moot, but thanks anyway.

Savioronedge wrote:Transformed Heliopteryx with cyber implant weapons mount.

It brought another important question I have forgotten; how many hands does a deployed cyberweapon occupy?
a)Zero. The implant holds that weapon firmly enough, and all your hands are free to do other things.
b)(Normal required hands)-1. The mount can hold the weapon as a hand does, but a 2H weapon need another supporting hand.
c)One. A cyberweapon is deployed from a hand and occupies that hand.
d)As normal required hands. The weapon in well stored but still require hands for proper use.
(And I'm also curious about required hands for direct weapon implant like Zan Slashers)

Rabbitball wrote:Dancing swords work, until the heliopteryx disconnects... :mrgreen:

Great. Now do you know a shop in the Living Land for a starting character to buy one?

utsukushi wrote:Of course the famous Bohemian Earspoon, so named because - I'm certain - you wield it using your ear, which was a very socially unconventional way to hold a large polearm at the time. Hence, "Bohemian," which is clearly the part of the name that causes confusion.

One more interesting question... Where's the external ear of Edeinos for wielding said earspoon? :lol:

mica wrote:A good old fashions spiked helmet

Maybe treated like Spiked Plates?
(I just thought maybe there can be a Redthorn Armor, with benefit of thorny spikes but painfully fatiguing and is just too painful for non-Jakatts)

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:12 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:
Rabbitball wrote:Dancing swords work, until the heliopteryx disconnects... :mrgreen:

Great. Now do you know a shop in the Living Land for a starting character to buy one?

You don't need a shop, just a magician willing to cast it on the heliopteryx. And since we're already in the realm of massive contradiction, let's go ahead and make it a permanent spell... :twisted:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:34 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:GM's call.

Since I have no GM around and am working on generic Archetype the point is moot, but thanks anyway.

Savioronedge wrote:Transformed Heliopteryx with cyber implant weapons mount.

It brought another important question I have forgotten; how many hands does a deployed cyberweapon occupy?
a)Zero. The implant holds that weapon firmly enough, and all your hands are free to do other things.
b)(Normal required hands)-1. The mount can hold the weapon as a hand does, but a 2H weapon need another supporting hand.
c)One. A cyberweapon is deployed from a hand and occupies that hand.
d)As normal required hands. The weapon in well stored but still require hands for proper use.
(And I'm also curious about required hands for direct weapon implant like Zan Slashers)

D.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Atama

Postby Atama » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:00 pm

Here’s a video showing a skilled warrior using no-handed combat.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EZGPo1yO4kE
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”