Re: Physical Adept?

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:51 pm

Psychic Tatoos....

Very interesting.

Sounds like someone needs a Backer Custom Perk. :D

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:07 pm

I think of psychic tattoos as more of a Tharkold thing. More because I like the thought of Tharkoldu skinning Race psychics and using their own flayed tattoos against them. :twisted:

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:I think of psychic tattoos as more of a Tharkold thing. More because I like the thought of Tharkoldu skinning Race psychics and using their own flayed tattoos against them. :twisted:

Ooooh....me likey

Atama

Postby Atama » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:33 pm

The reason I like PP for that is because of the classic tattooed men. I’m envisioning a Yakuza psychic in particular.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:07 pm

That definitely makes the Tatooed Yakuza gangsta more interesting. Cant wait to hear what Deanna thinks of the idea....

Atama

Postby Atama » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:53 pm

I was debating making an archetype pledge for PP, now I think I may and try to do the tattoo thing.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:19 am

Dont take this the wrong way but I'm still trying to wrap my head around how tattoos give Psychic powers?

Guess I'm not thinking outside the box enough?

Atama

Postby Atama » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:51 am

Zackzenobi wrote:Dont take this the wrong way but I'm still trying to wrap my head around how tattoos give Psychic powers?

I’m thinking more like this... The person has psychic abilities already, but goes to a special tattoo artist who also has psychic abilities. The artist creates a telepathic link with the customer and creates a colorful tattoo for each power they have. When the psychic uses a power the corresponding tattoo animates and aids the user’s focus, halving the shock damage they take on a failed roll, and halving the concentration penalty for maintaining a power.

However, for every Wound suffered by the psychic one of the tattoos stops functioning (GM’s choice) and the user loses the benefit of the Perk for that power until the Wound heals.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:54 am

Zackzenobi wrote:Dont take this the wrong way but I'm still trying to wrap my head around how tattoos give Psychic powers?

Psychic Tattoos are all about providing a mental framework to activate a power.

"Its just common knowledge that this curly form here resonates with the thought pattern of health; which when activated enhances the abilities of the Psychic to heal themselves."

Read "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson. It goes into linguistic triggers and the like; I see Psychic Tattoos like that, activating parts of the mind through visual and sensory cues I.e. looking, touching and tracing them to activate.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:00 am

Psychic Tattoos have kind of been a trope for a while now. I noticed it becoming more frequent when the D&D 3.0 psionics book came out, but they've been around (as well as magical tattoos of course).

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”