Vulnerable - end of next action or turn?

greybird

Vulnerable - end of next action or turn?

Postby greybird » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:56 pm

I feel like I'm making a lot of these rules questions threads lately, and I feel bad about it.

On page 115, the first column states, "Vulnerable: Actions taken directly against a foe are made at +2 until the end of his next action..."

On the second column it states, "Vulnerable and Stymied conditions last until the end of the target's next turn..."

Does Vulnerable last until the end of the next turn, or the next action?

TorgHacker

Re: Vulnerable - end of next action or turn?

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Next turn.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Re: Vulnerable - end of next action or turn?

Postby Kuildeous » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:35 am

For most situations, a character's turn and a character's action are interchangeable, which is why you can find that Stymied lasts until the end of the next turn while Vulnerable lasts until the end of the next action. The section on Waiting describes Flurry as giving another turn, but the section on Invoked Storms talks about how Flurry gives another action. That's how easy it is to interchange the two terms; even authors do it. I think the quote you provided in the second column clears everything up.

Where the character's turn and character's action cannot be used interchangeably is where the character loses an action. For example, a character still loses the Vulnerable condition after they Aim, go on Active Defense, or fail to get a Good result breaking from a grapple, even though they don't get an action.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”