Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Spatula

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Spatula » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:04 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
pkitty wrote:The cybernetics Combat Package and Cyborg Package overlap in that both include the Compte CyberSkel. What happens if I want both?

I'll remove it from the Combat Package.

If a cyberware item being in more than one package is an issue (dunno if it is or not!), then it also applies to TSE HUD and TSE Recorder, which are in both Drone Jockey and Infiltration. Also the TSE ChipHolder/DataChip (assuming it's meant to be the same item) are in the same 2 packages.

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Spatula wrote:
Vladimyr wrote:I can't seem to find the TSE Chipholder listed in the Infiltration Cyberware Package.

I submitted this as an error. I’m guessing it’s meant to be the TSE DataChip, which is also a requirement for the Drone Jockey Package, although the DataChip is a General item and only costs $10 so it feels odd as a requirement to me.

I suspect that submitting it as an error is the right call as (has been shared with us) there were/are a ton of moving parts here and hunting this stuff down is useful for TPTB, and if that was a name change it may be a hassle to find all the places it happens.

I also suspect that the chipholder *may* be clarified in the secrets of chipware stretch goal pdf (along with spirit chips and all the other associated bits). I don't know that of course, but it's a guess, especially considering how early in the SGs that pdf was i.e. info that was a high priority to get out there even though there wasn't room for it in the book.

Grae

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:42 pm

I don't really see why a cybernetic couldn't belong to multiple packages.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:26 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:I don't really see why a cybernetic couldn't belong to multiple packages.

Probably can but I need to consider how to handle it...if at all.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Vladimyr

Postby Vladimyr » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:01 am

Please confirm:

An Ayslish rogue can ridealong with a decker (by using TempTrodes) and use her Lockpicking 15 skill to open a secured node in the GodNet. This action would be a 1-case contradiction.

Thanks.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:49 am

Vladimyr wrote:Please confirm:

An Ayslish rogue can ridealong with a decker (by using TempTrodes) and use her Lockpicking 15 skill to open a secured node in the GodNet. This action would be a 1-case contradiction.

Thanks.

Correct.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kreltorr

Postby Kreltorr » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:22 pm

is there anywhere in the forums where already identified issues in the sourcebook pdf have been listed so that we can check there first before filling in the form and submitting it? Otherwise you will likely get many duplication's that you will need to wade through to fine the new errors not already found? I had a look and read some very interesting posts but didn't find such a list of discovered typos / errors.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Kreltorr wrote:is there anywhere in the forums where already identified issues in the sourcebook pdf have been listed so that we can check there first before filling in the form and submitting it? Otherwise you will likely get many duplication's that you will need to wade through to fine the new errors not already found? I had a look and read some very interesting posts but didn't find such a list of discovered typos / errors.

No. We sort by page number when we get the report from the form so duplications are not an issue.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:59 pm

The Cybercommunion miracle works as long as "a route to a Holy Exchange can be drawn from his location through realities that either have at least a Spirit Axiom of 8, or a Tech Axiom of 23." Is that ever not the case? At least in the main realities it seems like it would never not work.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Spatula wrote:The Cybercommunion miracle works as long as "a route to a Holy Exchange can be drawn from his location through realities that either have at least a Spirit Axiom of 8, or a Tech Axiom of 23." Is that ever not the case? At least in the main realities it seems like it would never not work.

It's to cover for things like Wonders where that might not be the case.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”