Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Spatula

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Spatula » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:31 pm

The Thrice Damned miracle states, "The target does not need to resist the miracle alone, and gains the strength of her faith" but doesn't say what that means.

(My impression is the miracle is also a bit underwhelming compared to Rood Awakening, which does almost the same thing and additionally grapples the target; granted they do target different defenses)

Kreltorr

Postby Kreltorr » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:52 pm

I have a question about subdermal weapons. In the core rule book it states under the Trigon integrated weapon mount that a limb is rebuilt with the mount in it that can house a melee weapon or firearm. In the sourcebook, it states for Subdermal weapons that if not installed in a prosthetic limb that neuraskin is used to conceal it which leads me to believe that a firearm such as a Godlight laser can be fitted in a normal (non cyber) arm by installing the weapon mount, but in the actual description of the Trigon Intergrated weapon mount in the sourcebook, it describes it as an upgrade to a Hardplas cyberarm or cyberleg. Can you please clarify if the weapon mount can be used in a normal flesh and blood arm / leg? I have a cyberwitch with a normal arm and a Godlight laser and run a game with a Tharkold psi with a Thav 9 in a mount in her arm and want to make sure i'm not breaking the rules!

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Kreltorr wrote:I have a question about subdermal weapons. In the core rule book it states under the Trigon integrated weapon mount that a limb is rebuilt with the mount in it that can house a melee weapon or firearm. In the sourcebook, it states for Subdermal weapons that if not installed in a prosthetic limb that neuraskin is used to conceal it which leads me to believe that a firearm such as a Godlight laser can be fitted in a normal (non cyber) arm by installing the weapon mount, but in the actual description of the Trigon Intergrated weapon mount in the sourcebook, it describes it as an upgrade to a Hardplas cyberarm or cyberleg. Can you please clarify if the weapon mount can be used in a normal flesh and blood arm / leg? I have a cyberwitch with a normal arm and a Godlight laser and run a game with a Tharkold psi with a Thav 9 in a mount in her arm and want to make sure i'm not breaking the rules!

I have the same question. Got a cyber-shaman with a vanilla cyberdeck in his arm. Have been wondering if I needed to retcon if the deck is actually implanted, or not.

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:39 am

TorgHacker wrote:
Greymarch2000 wrote:I don't really see why a cybernetic couldn't belong to multiple packages.

Probably can but I need to consider how to handle it...if at all.

As a point of reference, the cyberknight stat block (currently) explicitly has two different cyberware packages.

Grae
Last edited by graethynne on Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:10 am

mystic101 wrote:
Kreltorr wrote:I have a question about subdermal weapons. In the core rule book it states under the Trigon integrated weapon mount that a limb is rebuilt with the mount in it that can house a melee weapon or firearm. In the sourcebook, it states for Subdermal weapons that if not installed in a prosthetic limb that neuraskin is used to conceal it which leads me to believe that a firearm such as a Godlight laser can be fitted in a normal (non cyber) arm by installing the weapon mount, but in the actual description of the Trigon Intergrated weapon mount in the sourcebook, it describes it as an upgrade to a Hardplas cyberarm or cyberleg. Can you please clarify if the weapon mount can be used in a normal flesh and blood arm / leg? I have a cyberwitch with a normal arm and a Godlight laser and run a game with a Tharkold psi with a Thav 9 in a mount in her arm and want to make sure i'm not breaking the rules!

I have the same question. Got a cyber-shaman with a vanilla cyberdeck in his arm. Have been wondering if I needed to retcon if the deck is actually implanted, or not.

Count me in. Although "Subdermal weapons" include things like Dicers, ShocKnucks, Eyebomb, and Damocles Device which doesn't need a prosthetic limb, we don't have FN Jammer or Avro PR II.V like oTorg and now "Wrist Guns" are "just normal weapons integrated with a Trigon weapon mount", requiring a Hardplas limb as a prerequisite seriously limit "Wrist-Gunslinger" style character like oTorg Basic Set Jaz Fighter(although the Jaz Fighter's "Jaz" cyberconductor drug is no longer needed because NeuraCals come free). And what about a Dual-Wield Wrist-Gunslinger?

Additionary, "A cyberarm can hold a weapon or device (e.g. lockpicks or a cyberdeck) that is the size of a pistol or smaller. Cyberlegs can contain a rifle or smaller (i.e. no heavy weapons or Bulky weapons)" rule make things bad for TorgE CoreBook Archetype Renegade Priest, who has a GodBeam Laser RIFLE integrated into a HardPlas ARM.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:30 am

It's a contradiction, please make a report. (The weapon mount can be used in a normal arm/leg).
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kreltorr

Postby Kreltorr » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:41 am

In the Familiar Perk description for the Power familiar option it states that you may re-roll one test per act/scene as if Favored. I don't see how it can be both? once per scene sounds Ok and would be worth taking, once per act seems too low powered compared with the other options.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 am

In thinking about this for my own game, I can’t see how one could have the weapon mount without having it in a cyber limb. I think that’s why the book specifically says that the limb is rebuilt. When I try to imagine a pocket implanted into the meat arm or leg, I am envisioning shredded muscles and shattered bones. It has to be in a cyber limb.

That being said, my house rule is that you can have a cyber limb that doesn’t require a perk. It just doesn’t provide the bonuses that the perk does, basically a +0 arm or leg. It still has a risk of disconnection, but that’s true with the weapon mount, so no real change. I believe I read that disconnected characters can still use the limb that’s cybered as the Everlaw of One tries to reconcile the contradiction, just without bonuses. If I recall that correctly, then it’s still not any additional hassle for the character.

I think the core book implies that a cyber limb is necessary. The sourcebook just clarifies it. I don’t think I saw anything about a +0 limb, so this may just be a house rule for me.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Ampersands

Postby Ampersands » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:12 pm

On the topic of what’s past the Land of Nod:

1. Do the familiars of cyberwitches originate in The System?
  2. Do I need to pack a frisbee when visiting there? Because I will. :D
(I love this Easter egg so much.)

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Kuildeous wrote:

In thinking about this for my own game, I can’t see how one could have the weapon mount without having it in a cyber limb. I think that’s why the book specifically says that the limb is rebuilt. When I try to imagine a pocket implanted into the meat arm or leg, I am envisioning shredded muscles and shattered bones. It has to be in a cyber limb.

That being said, my house rule is that you can have a cyber limb that doesn’t require a perk. It just doesn’t provide the bonuses that the perk does, basically a +0 arm or leg. It still has a risk of disconnection, but that’s true with the weapon mount, so no real change. I believe I read that disconnected characters can still use the limb that’s cybered as the Everlaw of One tries to reconcile the contradiction, just without bonuses. If I recall that correctly, then it’s still not any additional hassle for the character.

I think the core book implies that a cyber limb is necessary. The sourcebook just clarifies it. I don’t think I saw anything about a +0 limb, so this may just be a house rule for me.

Agree but for Tharkold I could totally see it mounted on a flesh limb, making it gross and painful to have.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”