Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

TorgHacker

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Yoric wrote:The rules about Cyberware removal are interesting, but I imagine that they're not telling everything. Removing a CyberEye won't restore your eye and removing your Cyber heart will simply kill you no matter how well you roll the dice, right?

I suspect that this should be mentioned somewhere.

The general rule of thumb is that if a rule doesn't say you get something, then you don't get it.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:05 pm

pkitty wrote:Okay, so the Eyebomb is pretty much the ONLY reason why we need rules for removable eyes . . . but is it really necessary to come up with complex add-ons and modifiers for this?

I would love to see the CSI Socket and CSI Socket Upgrade deleted and instead replaced with a single sentence added to the paragraph on visual cyberware: "If necessary, cybereyes can be removed from their sockets or reinserted as an action." So much simpler!

Just a friendly reminder that we are not writing this book by committee. I have already run things by multiple people, and at this point I am not looking for editorial advice. Thanks!
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:06 pm

cloudshaper2k wrote:TSE Cybergunner (p. 32): Does firing the vehicle weapons take the place of the character firing a personal weapon or can they fire both a pistol and the vehicle weapons as a Multi-Action?

As long as it doesn't use the same skill, as usual.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:11 pm

pkitty wrote:Designer intent question: How are drone-controller characters intended to start with drones?

Are drones considered "cyberware"? They're in that chapter, but I'm confused as to why because they, well, aren't cyberware. Is the idea that it's RAW legal to spend money out of your cyberware budget on them? Or do you need to be Wealthy as well?

It seems prohibitively pricey that I need to spend $22K if I want to be able to summon any of the three kinds of drones, especially considering how cheap the actual hardlight emitters are. Any consideration to dropping the prices a bit, or is there a design reason why having multiple types of drones is intentionally out of the reach of PCs?

Drones are upgrades to the TSE Drone Controller. They are purchased as cyberware.

It's not out of the reach of PCs. If you want to specialize in drones, you spend the Perks on them. Just like if you want to be someone who can ride flying Drakes, you have to spend multiple Perks on them. This is the same thing. It's almost like having three different animal companions.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Savioronedge wrote:
EXORCiST
• Prereq: At least three adds in faith, at least one add in scholar, and knowledge of the banish miracle.
, even if the priest does not know the banish miracle or have the required skill. If the priest does know banish, the invocation is Favored. Invoking banish in this manner has a range of Touch.

There is a mismatch here. I wanted to get designer input before making a report.

Ahhhhhhhh...there's the change that I made before my computer crashed that I didn't re-do. Make a report. Thanks!
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:20 pm

On Cyberware: Trigon Slicers use unarmed combat. What do Trigon Dicers use?

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:37 pm

On magic: "Even those who are Unskilled in a magic skill can assist in a Combined Action with a white witch to cast a spell, though sometimes this assistance backfires."

That's only coven members, right?

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:32 pm

TorgHacker wrote:It's not out of the reach of PCs. If you want to specialize in drones, you spend the Perks on them. Just like if you want to be someone who can ride flying Drakes, you have to spend multiple Perks on them. This is the same thing. It's almost like having three different animal companions.

Whose bodies you can replace for ~100 bucks. ;)
Last edited by Greymarch2000 on Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Yoric wrote:On Cyberware: Trigon Slicers use unarmed combat. What do Trigon Dicers use?

Melee weapons.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:00 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
pkitty wrote:Designer intent question: How are drone-controller characters intended to start with drones?

Are drones considered "cyberware"? They're in that chapter, but I'm confused as to why because they, well, aren't cyberware. Is the idea that it's RAW legal to spend money out of your cyberware budget on them? Or do you need to be Wealthy as well?

It seems prohibitively pricey that I need to spend $22K if I want to be able to summon any of the three kinds of drones, especially considering how cheap the actual hardlight emitters are. Any consideration to dropping the prices a bit, or is there a design reason why having multiple types of drones is intentionally out of the reach of PCs?

Drones are upgrades to the TSE Drone Controller. They are purchased as cyberware.

It's not out of the reach of PCs. If you want to specialize in drones, you spend the Perks on them. Just like if you want to be someone who can ride flying Drakes, you have to spend multiple Perks on them. This is the same thing. It's almost like having three different animal companions.

Just to double check the math - am I understanding correctly that this would be 4 perks (Cyberware the first time for 10k and then 3 more times to get to a budget of 25k that covers the three drone programs, the Drone control stuff and then whatever else for the balance? Not criticizing the design, just want to make sure I understand it).

Thanks!

Grae

*edited because I can't count

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”