Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Greymarch2000

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Greymarch2000 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:16 pm

graethynne wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
pkitty wrote:Designer intent question: How are drone-controller characters intended to start with drones?

Are drones considered "cyberware"? They're in that chapter, but I'm confused as to why because they, well, aren't cyberware. Is the idea that it's RAW legal to spend money out of your cyberware budget on them? Or do you need to be Wealthy as well?

It seems prohibitively pricey that I need to spend $22K if I want to be able to summon any of the three kinds of drones, especially considering how cheap the actual hardlight emitters are. Any consideration to dropping the prices a bit, or is there a design reason why having multiple types of drones is intentionally out of the reach of PCs?

Drones are upgrades to the TSE Drone Controller. They are purchased as cyberware.

It's not out of the reach of PCs. If you want to specialize in drones, you spend the Perks on them. Just like if you want to be someone who can ride flying Drakes, you have to spend multiple Perks on them. This is the same thing. It's almost like having three different animal companions.

Just to double check the math - am I understanding correctly that this would be 5 perks (Cyberare the first time for 10k and then 4 more times to get to a budget of 25k that covers the three drone programs, the Drone control stuff and then whatever else for the balance? Not criticizing the design, just want to make sure I understand it).

Thanks!

Grae

If you want to get ALL of them I guess yeah. You could spend your initial $10,000 on a Drone Jockey Package + Assault/Shield drone and then pick up Scout drone with your next perk or start with a Scout drone and $4K of other various cyberware (or save it towards a new assault/shield drone next time). I don't think you're meant to go wide with taking every type, since then if you want to continue to modify them with Drone Upgrades perks you'd be spending a LOT on perks; even assuming you got the controllers for free somehow each type has like 2 or 3 upgrades.

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:43 pm

What are the statistic for the Peugeot Seraphim VTOL? That got left off of page 78.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:48 pm

graethynne wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
pkitty wrote:Designer intent question: How are drone-controller characters intended to start with drones?

Are drones considered "cyberware"? They're in that chapter, but I'm confused as to why because they, well, aren't cyberware. Is the idea that it's RAW legal to spend money out of your cyberware budget on them? Or do you need to be Wealthy as well?

It seems prohibitively pricey that I need to spend $22K if I want to be able to summon any of the three kinds of drones, especially considering how cheap the actual hardlight emitters are. Any consideration to dropping the prices a bit, or is there a design reason why having multiple types of drones is intentionally out of the reach of PCs?

Drones are upgrades to the TSE Drone Controller. They are purchased as cyberware.

It's not out of the reach of PCs. If you want to specialize in drones, you spend the Perks on them. Just like if you want to be someone who can ride flying Drakes, you have to spend multiple Perks on them. This is the same thing. It's almost like having three different animal companions.

Just to double check the math - am I understanding correctly that this would be 4 perks (Cyberware the first time for 10k and then 3 more times to get to a budget of 25k that covers the three drone programs, the Drone control stuff and then whatever else for the balance? Not criticizing the design, just want to make sure I understand it).

Thanks!

Grae

*edited because I can't count

I may reduce the assault drones and shield drones to get it into $20K. But yes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:09 pm

Champion of God:
A) can a non CP knight who meets the other requirements use Cosm Adaptation to take this perk? If so, is it using Adaptation for the Faith perk tree or for the Cybernetics tree?

• Word of God: The holy warrior gains access to the CyberChurch miracle list and chooses two miracles plus unbeliever’s doom from that list. This Gift may be selected multiple times, each time allowing an additional miracle to be selected from the God’s Champion list.

B) is it the intent to have the initial and additional miracles chosen from different lists? (Not a problem if so, just verifying.)

C)Unbeliever's Doom is not actually on either list.
• CyberChurch: Banish*, bless*, bounty*, commune with spirits*, computer empathy, cleanse, cure disease*, curse*, cybercommunion, doom**, fanaticism, healing*, hellfire*, lightning strike*, net damnation, node scrambler, purge magic, reboot device, remove sanction, repel*, rood awakening, soothe*, strike*, thrice damned, ward enemy*
• God’s Champion: banish*, battle vigil, bless*, fanaticism, first strike, strength of the righteous, ward enemy*

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:18 am

TorgHacker wrote:
Yoric wrote:On Cyberware: Trigon Slicers use unarmed combat. What do Trigon Dicers use?

Melee weapons.

Should I file an issue that this should be specified or do you think people (other than me) will find this clear?

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:14 am

On Law of Return: "Only one of these spirits may be present in an area at one time, so only one creature may be targeted while this spell’s duration has not expired." Does this mean that two Witches cannot use this spell at the same time?

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:16 am

About Tech Constructs: do I understand correctly that Aysle Clankers are not Tech Constructs?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:19 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:
Does GWI HallowMesh completely outdate Plexiflex Sheathing?
GWI HallowMesh 24 +3 400 (12) Can be concealed under clothing
Plexiflex Sheathing 24 +3 450 (13) 10 May be concealed under clothing.

Now I remember the difference. This should be Tech 26, but HallowMesh doesn't have a Max Dex. Plexiflex has a Max Dex of 10.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Yoric wrote:About Tech Constructs: do I understand correctly that Aysle Clankers are not Tech Constructs?

Correct. They're magical constructs.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Yoric wrote:On Law of Return: "Only one of these spirits may be present in an area at one time, so only one creature may be targeted while this spell’s duration has not expired." Does this mean that two Witches cannot use this spell at the same time?

Yes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”