Exploring the Storm - Recruiting Announcement & War Update

Exploring the Storm

Exploring the Storm - Recruiting Announcement & War Update

Postby Exploring the Storm » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Greeting fellow Storm Knights,

Are you tired of getting lost in the thick forests of the Living Land while fighting Baruk Kaah because your GPS randomly stops working? Have you looked death at the eyes of a troll while in Aysle and you tried to cast a killing curse and all that happened was some sparkles leapt from your fingertips and you almost died? Yet does the thrill of adventure run through your blood? We have the place for you!!

Throw away your machine gun and pick up something much cooler…A ray gun with its very own accessory….a Jet Pack!! Why walk when you can fly? Why have a weapon that jams up when sand gets into it? Have you ever watched cartoons on TV and saw a hero do something totally amazing and now you can as well!! What more as a Storm Knight do you need? If weird science and super powers are your thing then slide on over to our latest video, Nile Empire and learn all about it!! For those that have yet to adventure into the land of Aysle and are interested take a peek and see our educational video about this fun land of magic and dragons. Who doesn’t like dragons??

In top secret news, we will be hacking into the Godnet this weekend to remove the Gaunt Man’s face off our social media. For too long Cyberpope Jean-Malreaux I has been allowed to create havoc online, but no more. In its place we will be putting up our logo that will inspire others that have always dreamed of becoming a Storm Knight yet were afraid to. No longer will anyone be afraid of the High Lords or their minions! Come join us and we will band together as we go ‘Exploring the Storm’ that has invaded our world and take it back, ripping up one stelae at a time!!

You can join our fight by going to any of our social media channels by following and subscribing, sharing and liking. Only with your help can we defeat the evil High Lords that have invaded and plague our world.

This is our call to arms…..We need you!

https://youtu.be/M8HVXTtrLrc

Zackzenobi

Re: Exploring the Storm - Recruiting Announcement & War Update

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 pm

I applaud you on your video. Very well done

I always saw a little more Indiana Jones and Brendan Frazier's Mummy movies influence to the realm.

Maybe thats just me.

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Awesome and thank you for checking it out.

The Mummy and Indiana Jones are are interpretations of the realm as well when it comes to action and the hi-jinks aspects of it - getting out of the impossible odds. They are also packed with a certain amount of humor in them as well. Where as the Terra is alot more gritty and dark then those interpretations, and has spilled over into the Nile Empire - but that's our take on it.

That's the great thing about the game - no one interpretation is either right or wrong, it can go in whatever direction we want to take it.

ETS Group

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:I applaud you on your video. Very well done

I always saw a little more Indiana Jones and Brendan Frazier's Mummy movies influence to the realm.

Maybe thats just me.

Well, the Mummy movies came out AFTER Torg did, so I think you'd have to argue Torg influenced that movie. :lol:
Dean Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:52 pm

TORG has been inspiring Hollywood for decades ;)

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:27 am

Exploring the Storm wrote:TORG has been inspiring Hollywood for decades ;)

Mystery Men anyone?

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:22 am

Mystery Men came out in 1999 and TORG came out in 1990 - So perhaps TORG inspired Mystery Men as well ;)

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:18 pm

We are gearing up for our attack on the Godnet this weekend to remove his vile face from our Social Media - stay tuned for updates as we take the war to a cyber level :)

ETS Group

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:22 pm

I also enjoyed the Living Land video as well.

I was a little disappointed with the Aysle video. There have been a lot of quality fantasy movies and tv shows in the last 27 years that you could have drawn inspiration from for your video. Once upon a time, Game of Thrones, Chronicles of Narnia, First Knight, A Knight's Tale, Dragonheart, Johnny Depp's Alice in Wonderland, Willow, Stardust, Pirates of the Carribean, Huntsman:Winter's War, and even Hercules and Xena. Drawing on some or all of those could have given your video more depth and breadth; instead we got a really long trailer for Lord of the Rings. While Tolkien did change and redefine the genre, there is more to it than what he gave us.

It really did not feel like an Aysle video at all. It was very grimdark. Aysle is a balence of Light and Dark. Your video seemed hopeless and desolate. Not a place i would ever want to visit. Aysle has always been a wondrous place full of magic, fantastic creatures, and mythic gods.

YMMV and to each their own, but Ive always seen it as a much more varied place that as an earther would want to visit and probably stay.

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:08 pm

Thank you for the feedback and glad that you enjoyed our Living Land video! It’s always good to hear feedback whether it is positive or negative as it helps us improve what we are trying to do.

We totally understand your point on how you perceive Aysle to be, and you are correct about the amount of sources to tap into as there is decades of material to choose from. We have already discussed internally of making expanded videos that go into more depths about the realms/cosms as there is only so much detail one can put into a single summery without making it incredibly long. One of the best parts of TORG Eternity is the ability to individualize a campaign so that is unique to each troupe playing, so everyone can have unique experiences and perspectives on it. We interpreted that the setting is much darker in this series and we are addressing this across the realms. In our world the darkness is winning the war on the light, and the cosm in our infiniverse the war looks lost to those that dwell there as well so the tone is much grimmer. It's not a place where an earther would want to visit or stay as it is now, yet as the campaigns progress that may change. :)

ETS Group

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”