Disney hardpoint

Stormchild

Re: Disney hardpoint

Postby Stormchild » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:25 am

Disney as a High Lord is obviously the strongest of them all. He has a power at his hands that even prohibits his being exposed as one: Copyright laws! TorgE can't even write about it cause they risk being sued to hell. But we, the fans, can be the last resistance, the underground movement that writes about the real threat. This is too much fun to make it not happen as a fan setting. Uh oh, I am hearing Storm Troopers and lawyers kicking in my door.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm

Stormchild wrote: Uh oh, I am hearing Storm Troopers and lawyers kicking in my door.

There's a difference? :?:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:31 pm

I think most people would be afraid of the lawyers over the Storm Troopers - Troopers will just kill you where as lawyers will take away your house, your favorite pet, your vehicle, your money and savings and leave you wishing that they had killed you.

ETStorm

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Also: Storm Troopers are not that good at shooting while lawyers normally hit what they are aiming for (though the damage they do is seldom what they intended)
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

MalicWanderer

Postby MalicWanderer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Stormchild wrote:Also: Storm Troopers are not that good at shooting while lawyers normally hit what they are aiming for (though the damage they do is seldom what they intended)

Stormtroopers are great shots, Luke & Co just soak a lot. ;)

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Don't forget plot armor as well...No matter how good of a shot you are nothing will ever get through that ;)

ETStorm

Atama

Postby Atama » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:58 pm

MalicWanderer wrote:
Stormchild wrote:Also: Storm Troopers are not that good at shooting while lawyers normally hit what they are aiming for (though the damage they do is seldom what they intended)

Stormtroopers are great shots, Luke & Co just soak a lot. ;)

Jedi are possibility-rated, that’s why you see all the red and blue lightsabers.

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 pm

I'll probably do something like having all those decades of relentless advertisements and PR turn Mickey into a God ruling from his own pocket dimension. Of course, my version of Mickey Mouse will be more like this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hkEwncb9ls

ShirtlessOBrien

Postby ShirtlessOBrien » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:40 pm

johntfs wrote:I'll probably do something like having all those decades of relentless advertisements and PR turn Mickey into a God ruling from his own pocket dimension. Of course, my version of Mickey Mouse will be more like this one...

Earlier discussion involved Walt Disney as the High Lord, but it seems perfectly possible that Mickey took him out and now rules the Disney faction.

Or if Mickey Mouse is too inherently silly, you could copy Kingdom Hearts and have Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty be the one who usurped power.

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:57 pm

ShirtlessOBrien wrote:
johntfs wrote:I'll probably do something like having all those decades of relentless advertisements and PR turn Mickey into a God ruling from his own pocket dimension. Of course, my version of Mickey Mouse will be more like this one...

Earlier discussion involved Walt Disney as the High Lord, but it seems perfectly possible that Mickey took him out and now rules the Disney faction.

Or if Mickey Mouse is too inherently silly, you could copy Kingdom Hearts and have Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty be the one who usurped power.

Maleficent would be kind of dull for me. Figure Aylse is already going to be lousy with evil witches/wizards as is. Do you recall or know about the one old Twilight Zone episode that had a really young Billy Mumy as a godlike child that wanted everyone to be happy and cheerful all time? That's Mickey Mouse in my take. Consider that anything can happen in a cartoon and then consider just how much horrifying shit "anything" covers.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”