Beta rules and updates - SPOILERS

TorgHacker

Re: Beta rules and updates - SPOILERS

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
I had it transform to an animated Malreaux the Redeember statue. Visually I just felt it was more interesting. I like more subtle objects as hard points, precisely because the big obvious landmarks would get blown up, and the stuff that resonates with locals rather than tourists seem like they'd be focal points of reality. Like the Big Chicken in Atlanta, stuff people outside of there may have never heard of.

It's funny you should say that... ;)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:42 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
johntfs wrote:
So, in Tharkold you have three candidates for High Lord, two humans and Thratchen. You have to wonder what's wrong with Thratchen in terms of other demons as to why they all didn't automatically support him over the "pav-scum monkeys."

Now, we haven't really thought about this in detail yet, but my first inclination is to emphasize that the relationships between dominants and submissives are more important than race.

The way it was initially presented, The Wolf seemed to almost be kind of Kranod's "pet," surviving and maintaining power in large part due to Kranod's protection. Not only is that protection gone, but the Wolf is part of the reason it's gone. Which is interesting. Jazrael as a ruler of the demon makes sense. She's shown herself to be fully capable of killing demons is the physical combat. Presumably Thratchen is much the same. The Wolf probably is not barring some as yet unrevealed information about him. Still, he is a politician in a Social 25 cosm. Perhaps as a Core Earth he's better able to take advantage of the advanced Social axiom for the purposes of manipulating the demons. He is, ultimately, a politician. Perhaps he regards the demons as just another constituency.

What do the demons want? Well, the obvious aside, what they need is a way to keep the Magic axiom of their cosm from falling below levels that allow them to exist. The Blasted Land's borders are very close to those of the Aylse realm. Suppose the Wolf launched an invasion of the Aylse realm with the idea of siphoning Alyse's Magic into Tharkold? That would be a boon to the demons even if it did plunge Tharkold and Aylse into war and jeopardize the Gannt Man's plans. Of course, the Wolf doesn't really care about the Gaunt Man or his plans. And if invading another High Lord is what seals the demons to him, that seems like a risk the Wolf would be willing to take.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 am

TorgHacker wrote:
MadSci wrote:I don't know what the hardpoints in Salvador and Sao Paulo would be, but I would have thought that Christ the Redeemer statue above Rio would be one.
Now that would be a tricky problem for a High Lord that still concerns himself with PR.

There's a reason. :-)

I'm actually really disappointed that the Redeemer statue isnt a high point. I have wanted to see that for decades.

Staffan

Postby Staffan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:37 pm

johntfs wrote:What do the demons want? Well, the obvious aside, what they need is a way to keep the Magic axiom of their cosm from falling below levels that allow them to exist. The Blasted Land's borders are very close to those of the Aylse realm. Suppose the Wolf launched an invasion of the Aylse realm with the idea of siphoning Alyse's Magic into Tharkold?

Russia invading Finland went really well for them the last time around. A rematch with technodemons versus elves should be... interesting.

Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

AKA, White Death. The most accomplished sniper of all time. Finland ain't no pushover.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Fuzzy wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

AKA, White Death. The most accomplished sniper of all time. Finland ain't no pushover.

Well, there's an idea for a new Eternity Shard, though I'm more interested in finding more nonviolent shards. But hey, a defensive shard is always fitting for Core Earth.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Sunrunner

Postby Sunrunner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:20 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:
I had it transform to an animated Malreaux the Redeember statue. Visually I just felt it was more interesting. I like more subtle objects as hard points, precisely because the big obvious landmarks would get blown up, and the stuff that resonates with locals rather than tourists seem like they'd be focal points of reality. Like the Big Chicken in Atlanta, stuff people outside of there may have never heard of.

It's funny you should say that... ;)

I too find this highly amusing!!! Word is already spreading! :twisted:

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”