Orrorsh

InertiaKitty

Orrorsh

Postby InertiaKitty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Ok, so, I thought we should talk about the elephant under the bed...

Since the preview topics are shut down, we need a fresh place to talk about Orrorsh.

First question: On p53 in the setting chapter about Orrorsh, it says that Sacellum priests were able to overcome home (perhaps historically justified) racial prejudices against the Victorians by "miraculously multiplying food and preventing a massive famine"... Does that mean that the Sacellum miracle list should include Bounty? It doesn't seem to currently.
"Whaddaya mean 'Twinkies are even a contradiction in Core Earth'?!?!?"

Gargoyle

Re: Orrorsh

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:40 am

InertiaKitty wrote:Ok, so, I thought we should talk about the elephant under the bed...

Since the preview topics are shut down, we need a fresh place to talk about Orrorsh.

First question: On p53 in the setting chapter about Orrorsh, it says that Sacellum priests were able to overcome home (perhaps historically justified) racial prejudices against the Victorians by "miraculously multiplying food and preventing a massive famine"... Does that mean that the Sacellum miracle list should include Bounty? It doesn't seem to currently.

I would submit it to the bug form.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:24 am

Yep. Though Darrell told me he's adding it. Might be best to do the bugfix report just to be sure.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

InertiaKitty

Postby InertiaKitty » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:44 am

Reported on the googleform, since Sacellum is also misspelled on the Miracle List page.
"Whaddaya mean 'Twinkies are even a contradiction in Core Earth'?!?!?"

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 pm

+1
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

MadSci

Postby MadSci » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:27 pm

One of the things that bugged me in Orrorsh was that a corrupt person had to die to become a Horror to have a True Death, yet living humans such as Avery Wellington had True Deaths. Also, if witch marks are automatic, then surely the Sacellum would have lore to expose such fallen souls.

I am happy to see that they addressed that in the following way in the Game Master section:

► Show Spoiler

Also in the greater metaplot:

► Show Spoiler

sandchigger

Postby sandchigger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Witch marks may well be automatic but searching everyone for them is how you get Spanish Inquisitions... Nobody wants that, right? Everybody with a wart or scar gets turned to kindling!

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Yyyyeaah. Definitely nobody wants that. I certainly can't imagine someone describing the Spanish Inquisition to a Sacellum Priest, slowing down halfway through as they realize he's taking notes.

"And... only 80% of those burned or drowned turned out to be not actually witches, you say? That seems acceptable to stave off wickedness. Well done!"

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 pm

:lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Nyarlathotep101

Postby Nyarlathotep101 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:38 pm

I decided that the fake Bible verse that Jules uses in Pulp Fiction ("The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...etc") is an actual verse in the Sacellum religion. Not only seems to fit, but I think it sounds pretty badass from a monster hunter about to dispatch some nasty critter. 8-)

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”