Aysle / Tharkold mixed zone

PrinceEarwig

Aysle / Tharkold mixed zone

Postby PrinceEarwig » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:21 am

I am sure a few people will already have noticed this but I think it warrants a mention.
p19 shows the smaller version of the world map and, as a few have raised in the bugs list, it shows a greatly expanded Tharkold zone.
So much expanded that it reaches far enough west to get close enough to Aysle to force the creation of mixed zones.
It's not immediately obvious until you zoom in a bit, but there is the tell tale hatching of red and grey.
So what would mixed Aysle/Tharkold bring that is significantly different to Aysle/Cyberpapacy

Dragons maintaining dominance over packs of scavvers?
Tharkoldu literally gorging themselves to their fill on more magic than they can possibly consume.
Gladiatorial combats arranged solely for the creation of magical weapons brought about during the stress of the conflict?

TorgHacker

Re: Aysle / Tharkold mixed zone

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:58 am

It's an error that will be fixed in the final version. You're gonna get a Day One map instead. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:55 am

One hopes you actually mean a day 90 map :D
However I wasn't mentioning it to raise the error, more the intriguing prospects that an advance into those areas might rise.

It appears that many of the extra Tharkold zones are mixed. Suggesting to me that the Wolf convinces his high lord to run an old soviet union style recapture of lost territory.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:09 am

No, no. You're getting the big Day 90 spread, AND a Day One map.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:23 am

Oooh.. Now I am wondering what the day one map comprises?
Hopefully the stuff from the twitter feeds.
It initially took me a while to see the differences in all the early Aysle maps. First off I thought they were all the same, until I noticed that the zone types were actually changing as the invasion progressed.

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:56 pm

PrinceEarwig wrote:Gladiatorial combats arranged solely for the creation of magical weapons brought about during the stress of the conflict?

Hmmm, not sure it has to be Tharkhold/Asyle to do this! I think this needs to be a thing in my game!!

blackwingedheaven

Postby blackwingedheaven » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:45 am

PrinceEarwig wrote:So what would mixed Aysle/Tharkold bring that is significantly different to Aysle/Cyberpapacy

It would look a whole lot like the cover of every Scandinavian metal album ever. XD

Honestly, you can get a lot of mileage out of heavy metal album covers for anything Aysle-related.

Pure Aysle:

Mixed Aysle/Tharkold:

Mixed Aysle/Cyberpapacy:
"Venio ibi habere tempus bonum et sincere sentio valde oppugnatus esse." -Julius Caesar to Brutus after being stabbed

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”