Delphi Council Missions BookDelphi just came out!

Rabbitball

Re: Delphi Council Missions BookDelphi just came out!

Postby Rabbitball » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:52 pm

dev/null wrote:Stop talking! You're not answering anyone's questions. Am I setting it on fire or not?!

-Sylior

Only after the psi flies herself out of the way.
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:10 pm

I am really looking forward to the new Living Land SB. It was the one I was most looking forward to until Dean showed a pic of his inspiration for a Zepellian Aircraft Carrier. Now its tied!

That being said I was super excited to see Ross Watson was doing a LL adventure. Maybe i had my hopes too high. I was a liittle disappointed with the Adventure Just Plane Dangerous.

► Show Spoiler

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:49 pm

?

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Dean would you be able to answer some of my questiins and concerns above? I certainly mean no disrespect to anyone. Just a little confused.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 pm

I actually haven't read this product, except for one of the adventures. I'll answer the Qs when I get a chance to read it, but I'm kinda busy at the moment with stuff on a deadline.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Doomweber

Postby Doomweber » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:10 pm

I think the thing you are dealing with is expectation vs. reality. US just cranked out 12 scenarios in all realms and packed them into ONE book. If you look at an original TORG compilation, like Full Moon Draw, they only have 5/6 one act adventures in them. So, yes, there are glitches (My "favorite" is the lack of explanation on what the mounds are in Search and Rescue.). But for the most part, you can glean what the intent of the writers are. And I think that the anventures can all be easily expanded on, making them 1 act modules quite easily.

For the timing and space given, I am stoked about what we have. I think we all need to step back and look at this kickstarter as wildly successful. (Remember, we are still in the kickstarter, the game has yet to be released.). Yes, some of the adventures lack a certain sense of tension and building excitement, but that's where we, as GMs come in to add our own touches to the story to make it our own campaign.

Take that small story and add in a true threat against the village (perhaps one that a paleontologist can help with). Build more of a background for Mr. Big Bites and his Gotek. Now we have a nugget to build on.

Doomweber

Postby Doomweber » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:13 pm

Oh, and we still don't know what makes that black box so important....

On another note, I am sooooo stealing the Tesla storyline. Sure, he was BSCrazy, but he still was a genius. And his home is Jersey.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:11 pm

You only have Alpha Clearance. The contents of that black box are "need to know" ;)

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”