The Living Land Preview #1

TorgHacker

The Living Land Preview #1

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Here we go!!!!

http://www.ulisses-us.com/living-land-p ... ear-later/

As usual, comments about the preview can be done here.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

ZeDiac

Re: The Living Land Preview #1

Postby ZeDiac » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:41 pm

OK. Back in da game after months of absence I see Living Land is coming and I think to myself what a wonderful.... but wait... day+365 ?!! Are you sure you will be able to deal with the storyline of all the other cosms and make something coherent of all ?
I am also worried about the coming back of the Land Below... but it is a matter of taste I presume.
I see no info concerning other invaders : does that mean no other Lord is interested in coming into north America like Kanawa of the cyberpope in oTorg ?
And eventually, what is the possible schedule for the the other sourcebooks ?
"Storm is coming"

Staffan

Postby Staffan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:06 pm

OK, I get that these guys are supposed to be morally ambiguous on account of (a) on one hand denying Baruk Kaah territory, but (b) on the other hand killing millions of ords by pulling up a stela without Glory support.

But please, please, please do not call them Storm Front. Stormfront are frickin' nazis, and that's an association I can do without in my RPGs. Except possibly in the context of punching them, but that's what shocktroopers are for.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Staffan wrote:OK, I get that these guys are supposed to be morally ambiguous on account of (a) on one hand denying Baruk Kaah territory, but (b) on the other hand killing millions of ords by pulling up a stela without Glory support.

But please, please, please do not call them Storm Front. Stormfront are frickin' nazis, and that's an association I can do without in my RPGs. Except possibly in the context of punching them, but that's what shocktroopers are for.

Whoa. Was not aware of that.

Yeah, we're gonna change that.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:17 pm

ZeDiac wrote:OK. Back in da game after months of absence I see Living Land is coming and I think to myself what a wonderful.... but wait... day+365 ?!! Are you sure you will be able to deal with the storyline of all the other cosms and make something coherent of all ?
I am also worried about the coming back of the Land Below... but it is a matter of taste I presume.
I see no info concerning other invaders : does that mean no other Lord is interested in coming into north America like Kanawa of the cyberpope in oTorg ?
And eventually, what is the possible schedule for the the other sourcebooks ?

All of the cosm sourcebooks will be set at the end of the first year. The amount of 'hot' infighting up until that point is pretty minimal ('cold' infighting ont he other hand...) Each High Lord has their 'assigned/claimed' territory. But after the first year, well...

<lights line of gunpowder leading to a pile of TNT>
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

ZeDiac

Postby ZeDiac » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:26 pm

TorgHacker wrote:All of the cosm sourcebooks will be set at the end of the first year. The amount of 'hot' infighting up until that point is pretty minimal ('cold' infighting ont he other hand...) Each High Lord has their 'assigned/claimed' territory. But after the first year, well...

Ok so the War will begin after this first year of "settling"...

TorgHacker wrote:<lights line of gunpowder leading to a pile of TNT>

<sits on the pile lookin up and smiling>
"Storm is coming"

Staffan

Postby Staffan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:31 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Whoa. Was not aware of that.

Yeah, we're gonna change that.

Thank you. I figured you likely weren't aware of the association.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

"a mysterious domed world - a land below the surface"

Saweeeeet!

Does happy dance.

Merritika was always my favorite realm. I loved the Land Below. I realize it will be different, but close is better than nothing.

Hoping for Ungrosh, Keefee, Leopard Men, and Darooni Wasp Riders!

The Pyrians were cool too. I never got to have an adventure where the PCs get captured and led in chains to the top of the volcano. Then the other PCs show up riding Pterydactals or giant Wasps for the rescue. I always wanted to change them to Romans anyway. They would be worshipping Pluto exclusively, since he led then into the underworld.

But im just glad we are getting Domed Worlds. Such a great concept!

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:44 pm

I see the obvious hardpoint of the Magic Kingdom. Is that a hardpoint in Miami? What does Miami have im forgetting? Looks like another one in Indiana, that has to be Gen Con right?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Since it's becoming a question:

Q:Why are all the cosm books going to be dated one year later?

There's a few reasons that we're setting the corebooks one year after the invasion.

First, we weren't sure there was going to be an Infiniverse at all when we were planning the cosm books, let alone what form it would take.

Second, the cosm books simply aren't going to be coming out as fast as they did in Original Torg, so by the time the final cosm book comes out, it a lot of time would have elapsed, meaning that there would be say...18 months of events in the final book, and 4 months in the Living Land.

Third, we're looking at what the product line will be once the cosm books are all out. We want these to be relatively 'evergreen' products even after Torg Eternity has been out four, five, six years or more.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”