Do high lords ever plant their own dead to make gospog?

Stewbacca

Do high lords ever plant their own dead to make gospog?

Postby Stewbacca » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

For instance, edeinos. Are they ever planted to create gospog? What about other realms? Do they only plant native humans?

Also, what happens if a Storm Knight dies and gets planted as a gospog? Anything special? Possibility rated gospog? Or maybe it jumps to a higher planting level right away?

Staffan

Re: Do high lords ever plant their own dead to make gospog?

Postby Staffan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:21 pm

Stewbacca wrote:For instance, edeinos. Are they ever planted to create gospog? What about other realms? Do they only plant native humans?

IMO: A body's a body. Though depending on the level of control the High Lord has socially, some realms might have people objecting.

Also, what happens if a Storm Knight dies and gets planted as a gospog? Anything special? Possibility rated gospog? Or maybe it jumps to a higher planting level right away?

Well, Yokai are at least sometimes the result of Stormers getting jiangshi:ed, so there's precedent for having that be a factor.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:50 pm

As Staffan said, a body is a body, though there is some precedence for gospog being in different forms depending on the cosm being invaded.

But there's usually

a) plenty of native bodies to be used
b) in the case of Baruk Kaah, religious concerns also add incentive to not use edeinos.

As for the other question...that will have to wait for now. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Does the cosm of the body have an impact on the type of gospog created? In other words, does it matter if it's a Core Earth human or a Living Land edeinos when it comes to its abilities? Does a Core Earth gospog retain the OTorg ability to use Core Earth weaponry, for example?
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:16 pm

My guess is that becoming a gospog includes transformation to that cosm’s reality as you become a tool of the realm’s High Lord. Not to mention that dead things are inanimate objects which transform a lot faster than living things.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 pm

Rabbitball wrote:Does the cosm of the body have an impact on the type of gospog created? In other words, does it matter if it's a Core Earth human or a Living Land edeinos when it comes to its abilities? Does a Core Earth gospog retain the OTorg ability to use Core Earth weaponry, for example?

I would imagine it would just be cosmetic. Unless it was like a Giant or something.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:41 am

Speaking of a body, can a gospog seeds grow on a dead animal body, or it needs a dead sentient creature body to grow?
(I'm thinking of a mosasaurus(large animal), a rabbit(small animal), a dragon(large sentient), and a keefee(small sentient) for said gospog seed.)

If animal bodies can grow gospog then livestocks (or maybe frozen meat storage!) can provide some solid armies, but if a dead dragon(or mosasaurus) can host only one generic 1st-planting gospog then it's better use it for creating more powerful undead(it can be a simple dragon zombie, or a special customized gospog which can use its huge host body for full effect, or something more unique and bizarre).

And if non-humaniod bodies can grow non-humanoid gospogs there can be many interesting monstrosities but we have to think about a guideline for converting creature data to gospog version of it, like using skeleraptor stats for generic Living Land animal zombies.)

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:20 am

Canon...not sure. We'll have to wait.

In my game? Yes, any dead body can serve as a Gospog. Something my PCs have yet to discover but it's 100% something I plan to do.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:15 am

Isn't there a mention of... hrm. The Nile book I think? With a 4th or 5th generation Gospog needing a P-rated corpse to grow from?

Of course, that leads to another question... since you need 10,000 bodies for a field, how many in that number need to be P-rated to get a good crop?

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:15 am

My take would be that you need a sentient being to create a gospog, it's more evil that way. A field of meat isn't really evil, just smelly.

It's not the being in the gospog field that makes the more powerful versions, it's the field. Planting successive generations in the same field is what makes them more powerful, not the beings planted. So planting 10,000 dragons would get you the equivalent of a 1st planting gospog that looks like a dragon (and would have primary stats to match, but no special abilities).

Gospogs take on the form of the reality they are in. As far as I know, gospogs don't belong to a reality (that's their point!) So even a NE gospog can use the tools of Tharkold if they wanted as they aren't living. This is what makes them so powerful.

But please correct me if I'm wrong.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”