New Relics of Power adventure

TorgHacker

New Relics of Power adventure

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:18 pm

BTW, something we revealed in the 'wrap party' chat is that we are looking at doing a new Relics of Power super adventure, probably as part of the "Core Earth" wave (if we actually do a Core Earth wave and not just insert it in some other one).

I'm envisioning it as being something along the lines of Curse of Strahd, where it's obviously based on the original adventure, but there would be tweaks since there's a bunch of new cool things we've got in Torg Eternity.

So, that's because of you guys, BTW. You kept yammering for it. :lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

fougerec

Re: New Relics of Power adventure

Postby fougerec » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:37 pm

There's a reason things are "classic". Super happy to hear this!!

I've been having a blast running the characters in my game all over the place in a modified version of the original. Just about to start The Forever City (likely changing the Orient Express for something like the Moscow/Paris express so I can work in a Tharkhold visit).

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:47 pm

TorgHacker wrote:BTW, something we revealed in the 'wrap party' chat is that we are looking at doing a new Relics of Power super adventure, probably as part of the "Core Earth" wave (if we actually do a Core Earth wave and not just insert it in some other one).

I'm envisioning it as being something along the lines of Curse of Strahd, where it's obviously based on the original adventure, but there would be tweaks since there's a bunch of new cool things we've got in Torg Eternity.

So, that's because of you guys, BTW. You kept yammering for it. :lol:

WOOOT!!!
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Arcesilaus

Postby Arcesilaus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Soooo, if I were thinking of running an adapted version of the original Relics of Power, would that lead to the feeling of someday playing the same adventure twice?

Should I hold off on running Relics of Power?
Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Professional Dungeon Master
Game reviews and GM advice

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Arcesilaus wrote:Soooo, if I were thinking of running an adapted version of the original Relics of Power, would that lead to the feeling of someday playing the same adventure twice?

That would be why I recommended letting folks know we're doing it. Now, it'll be awhile though, it's certainly not hitting until sometime next year at the earliest.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Arcesilaus

Postby Arcesilaus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:01 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Arcesilaus wrote:Soooo, if I were thinking of running an adapted version of the original Relics of Power, would that lead to the feeling of someday playing the same adventure twice?

That would be why I recommended letting folks know we're doing it. Now, it'll be awhile though, it's certainly not hitting until sometime next year at the earliest.

Cool. Thanks for the heads-up. Now I have to figure out something else to run!
Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Professional Dungeon Master
Game reviews and GM advice

RamblingScribe

Postby RamblingScribe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:09 am

That is fantastic news, but it does make me wish that I had not started running my own adaptation already!

I don't think I can get away with side quests for a year to wait and switch to the official version.

Fingers crossed that it's either similar enough to mine that I haven't diverged from Canon too far, or so different that I can reskin the goals and run it as a different adventure.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 am

Saweet!

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:46 am

Wait is this replacing the adventure that is going to explore the connections between the tunnels in the earth? Or is it in addition to that?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:51 am

Additional.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”