Spartans in Torg Eternity

JohnK

Re: Spartans in Torg Eternity

Postby JohnK » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Hullo, MadSci,

MadSci wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:It’s definitely going to be coming out eventually. Exactly how I can’t elaborate, at least not yet.

As I recall "The Delphi Council" Sourcebook came after all of the realm books. Seems like the same release pattern is being kept in Eternity as well.

That assumes that products after the last of the Realm sourcebooks follow the same pattern for TE as they did for original TORG. And if the material on the Delphi Council is in the Core Earth book or whatever form that product takes, would a Delphi Council book on its own be desirable and/or necessary?
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Hullo, Wakshani,

Wakshani wrote:To make the old Spartans really work, you need to have a few things.

1) Edeinos tribes/members that are actively helping Humans to live and are generally nice/peaceful.

I think you can check this box. The main rulebook seems to hint at this, but given it's 3 months in, this process might be in its infancy. Both sides having to get to know each other and all that.

Wakshani wrote:2) An understanding of Possibility mechanics to realize that people inside the zone are helping the invaders, even if they don't realize it.

This is a valid point, and I'm not sure when the folks from Core Earth and those in the Delphi Council would become aware of this, let alone Storm Knights operating out there. Or is this knowledge something that Quinn would have shared with the Council, if nothing else?

Wakshani wrote:3) Someone in a position of power that's willing to eradicate people who won't leave.

That's something we can give a check to as well, since there would always be someone like this. Whether they're a main antagonist for the Storm Knights would make for an interesting discussion in itself, and how this came to be.

Wakshani wrote:4) A willingness to mow down Edeinos, regardless of if they're friend or foe.

Again, we can check this box off. Might tie in with 3) above.

Wakshani wrote:5) Players who're willing to take the fight to the Core Earth forces that are doing bad things (even if the cause is, argueably, just.)

That's a good point, and is one that will certainly lend itself to a moral dilemma on the part of the Storm Knights. There might have to be some form of personal stake going on here, potentially, but I think this element might be part of being a Storm Knight.

Wakshani wrote:It's not impossible, but it can be tricky.

Indeed. :)

Oh, and Wak, thanks for your insight here. Means a lot. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:23 am

Oh hey, believe me, it's my pleasure. I have a love of Torg that goes back to '90. We got it *hot* off the presses and dove in, head-first.

I love this game *so* *much*.

Mike McCall

Postby Mike McCall » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:43 am

JohnK wrote:
Wakshani wrote:To make the old Spartans really work, you need to have <snipped>

2) An understanding of Possibility mechanics to realize that people inside the zone are helping the invaders, even if they don't realize it.

This is a valid point, and I'm not sure when the folks from Core Earth and those in the Delphi Council would become aware of this, let alone Storm Knights operating out there. Or is this knowledge something that Quinn would have shared with the Council, if nothing else?

The Council as canonically composed includes oTorg's Quinn, a refugee from the Star Sphere, a refugee from another conquered world, and someone who invented dimension travel in their own cosm kicking around. I think it's legitimate to say that the Council knows how Possibility mechanics work. Who they've told is another thing.

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Mike McCall wrote:someone who invented dimension travel in their own cosm kicking around

Perhaps...

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Currently I have the PC group (and any other NPC Storm Knights) modeled like Special Forces. Specialized operatives doing things behind enemy lines. They don't fight on the front (usually) but are sent on missions of more clandestine nature. In this the DC provides them with gear, transport and a fairly blank slate in how the job is done.

When I bring in Storm Break (likely this next adventure) they're going to be more like a PMC. Privately funded, with deep connections and a tendency to do jobs regardless of collateral damage. Over the course of things, the funding will be able to be traced back to Kanawa.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”