Fires of Ra Discussion and Questions

GeniusCodeMonkey

Re: Fires of Ra Discussion and Questions

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:21 am

We will see whether the player brings back her Nile seer or goes for a more combat oriented character.

I think the main thing the PLAYERS have learnt is that not all npcs are as easy to taken down as shocktroopers and that you can die in this game!

I'm planning on showing them what a sniper with trademark weapon and sniper can do.. a.la. Killingsworth. Should be fun!
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:24 pm

That looks like a tough encounter.
► Show Spoiler

agarrett

Postby agarrett » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:34 pm

Spatula wrote:That looks like a tough encounter.
► Show Spoiler

Note that Opponent Fails has been errata'd so you can only play it when the opponent makes a roll that targets you (the card player.) Thus it cannot be played on a soak roll, which doesn't target anyone.

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Spatula wrote:That looks like a tough encounter.
► Show Spoiler

In addition...
► Show Spoiler
Non-denominational "Devil's Advocate"

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:49 am

My players very rarely use any attack options, I think it's because they don't know what most of them are... so I'm going to create a A5 handout and laminate it so they have a reference ... a "mini player screen".
Question everything.

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:14 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:My players very rarely use any attack options, I think it's because they don't know what most of them are... so I'm going to create a A5 handout and laminate it so they have a reference ... a "mini player screen".

The attack options really do make a massive difference for the tougher fights. IMHO it's definitely worth encouraging players to get to know at least the basic ones (bonuses to hit & damage.)
A handout is a great idea IMO, the summary on P129 of the Core is a good place to start. I printed out a copy of it for each of my guys when we first started playing, and it seemed to help them to get to grips with the options (& saved a bunch of look-up too.) :)
Non-denominational "Devil's Advocate"

vaminion

Postby vaminion » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:11 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:My players very rarely use any attack options, I think it's because they don't know what most of them are... so I'm going to create a A5 handout and laminate it so they have a reference ... a "mini player screen".

point out how powerful Player's Call is, too. All it takes is one Outstanding success and some creative reasoning to explain why her breastplate broke and her toughness has been permanently reduced.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:12 am

I cobbled one together by taking screen shots of the Core Book. It's at home, but if you pester me enough on here, I can post a copy.

Since it's not my content, I'm not uploading it to the Infiniverse, but I can put it here.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:46 am

Kuildeous wrote:

I cobbled one together by taking screen shots of the Core Book. It's at home, but if you pester me enough on here, I can post a copy.

Since it's not my content, I'm not uploading it to the Infiniverse, but I can put it here.

No worries, I've got all the charts in a xlsx sheet, so I can just copy what's needed from there and print it.
Question everything.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:59 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:No worries, I've got all the charts in a xlsx sheet, so I can just copy what's needed from there and print it.

Well, yours might look nicer than my obvious screen grabs, so maybe I should be asking you to share yours. *grin*
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”