Biopunk?

Daedra18

Biopunk?

Postby Daedra18 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:30 pm

Are there plans for any of the cosms to be associated Biopunk/ genetically modified characters? I feel like this is somewhat hinted at for Pan Pacifica, but I wasn't around for OTorg so don't know if they ever had those aspects.

agarrett

Re: Biopunk?

Postby agarrett » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:18 pm

In oTorg, that role would have been part of the Star Sphere, a late-joining space-opera realm. In the GenCon adventure, Burden of Glory, and in the secrets of Aysle in the Core Rules, they've hinted at a role for the Star Sphere in Torg Eternity, but not what that would be, exactly. There's certainly room for another invasion, they were in South America in the original, and that whole area is still available. However, the big things they had were the plague - which is now part of Pan-Pacifica - and the reality trees, now in Orrorsh. So if they show up, it'll be for some different game reasons.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Daedra18 wrote:Are there plans for any of the cosms to be associated Biopunk/ genetically modified characters? I feel like this is somewhat hinted at for Pan Pacifica, but I wasn't around for OTorg so don't know if they ever had those aspects.

Pan-Pacifica is certainly going to be biopunk.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Daedra18

Postby Daedra18 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:20 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Daedra18 wrote:Are there plans for any of the cosms to be associated Biopunk/ genetically modified characters? I feel like this is somewhat hinted at for Pan Pacifica, but I wasn't around for OTorg so don't know if they ever had those aspects.

Woo! Is this going to be editing based on the Jiangshi virus? Or something different?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Honestly I haven't decided on details yet. Working on cyberpunk right now. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Daedra18 wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:

Woo! Is this going to be editing based on the Jiangshi virus? Or something different?

Go play a few of the Resident Evil games and recognize that the Kanawa corporation is basically a cosmversal Umbrella, Inc.

Atama

Postby Atama » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:07 pm

The Orochi Group in the MMORPG The Secret World also reminds me a lot of Kanawa. It also tries to experiment with horrific mutations that create monsters. They most commonly try to exploit a corrupting oily slime called Zero Point Pathogen or more commonly “The Filth” which turns people into babbling, mindless savages (and can also corrupt plants, animals, or even things like the ground or magical energies).
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:47 pm

Atama wrote:The Orochi Group in the MMORPG The Secret World also reminds me a lot of Kanawa. It also tries to experiment with horrific mutations that create monsters. They most commonly try to exploit a corrupting oily slime called Zero Point Pathogen or more commonly “The Filth” which turns people into babbling, mindless savages (and can also corrupt plants, animals, or even things like the ground or magical energies).

Yeah which is why I think https://youtu.be/IGR8Uwu8akQ is a perfect Kanawa intro :D

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:33 am

Greymarch2000 wrote:
Atama wrote:The Orochi Group in the MMORPG The Secret World also reminds me a lot of Kanawa. It also tries to experiment with horrific mutations that create monsters. They most commonly try to exploit a corrupting oily slime called Zero Point Pathogen or more commonly “The Filth” which turns people into babbling, mindless savages (and can also corrupt plants, animals, or even things like the ground or magical energies).

Yeah which is why I think https://youtu.be/IGR8Uwu8akQ is a perfect Kanawa intro :D

Yeah Kaidan is pretty much what Pan-Pacifica might look like if the Delphi Council doesn’t stop Kanawa. :)
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”