Relics of Power Redux Acts 1 & 2 Thoughts? Spoilers!!

Kuildeous

Re: Relics of Power Redux Acts 1 & 2 Thoughts? Spoilers!!

Postby Kuildeous » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Frankly I'm okay with certain tasks being impossible to accomplish without skill knowledge, as long as the story still progresses without it. As Deanna points out, completing the act isn't impossible; you just don't won't have additional information. It makes the purchase of the skills have punch.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

mathey

Postby mathey » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:22 pm

I totally missed that Computers can be used unskilled, albeit only for basic stuff. My bad.

As far as the idea of some Cosms or scenarios requiring or at least preferring particular skill sets - that's fair. I just like to know there's alternate ways to solve some of those problems than what is expected. A good deal of the fun of Torg is seeing the mix of Storm Knights having to come up with solutions for challenges alien to their native reality.

Anyway - it truly isn't a huge deal and as noted the adventure doesn't crash and burn because of it.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:15 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 am

Spatula wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Yeah, I'll be honest...I forgot that hacking needs to be done skilled.

I'll be revising the text.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:06 pm

I've only just had time to read the first two acts of the reimagined Relics and holy crap is it good and leaves you wanting more.

► Show Spoiler

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:49 am

Regarding unpublished Year One events, there has been talk of them in some of the Kickstarter chats: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2424

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:10 am

They're also mentioned in the GM's Beta Primer on which is available on our downloads page.

https://www.ulisses-us.com/downloads/
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:41 pm

Thank you, both :D

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:46 am

My party is almost through the 2nd Act. The cave option almost led to a TPK. The environment trashed them. First retreat I've ever GMed in Torg, OT or TE. Their 2nd attempt almost ended the same (the barbarian was capture, so they had to rescue him.) I allowed an Escape card to get them out. Didn't want to have to do the same scene 3x. But it was exciting and fun for everyone to show even at Beta, they can be overwhelmed.

Later in the structure the CP spy disconnected and rolled a 1 to reconnect. She chose to transform instead of losing Reality adds. Luckily i have rules supporting that cosm so it'll be interesting how that progresses.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:06 pm

ZorValachan wrote:My party is almost through the 2nd Act. The cave option almost led to a TPK. The environment trashed them. First retreat I've ever GMed in Torg, OT or TE. Their 2nd attempt almost ended the same (the barbarian was capture, so they had to rescue him.) I allowed an Escape card to get them out. Didn't want to have to do the same scene 3x. But it was exciting and fun for everyone to show even at Beta, they can be overwhelmed.

Thanks for reporting on this. I always like to challenge characters and I'm always afraid I'm making things too easy. It can be helpful to know where different groups found things easy or hard.

What about the situation was so difficult? And which cave did you mean... the one filled with fungi?

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”