What Eternity Shards would you like to see?

Wakshani

What Eternity Shards would you like to see?

Postby Wakshani » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:30 pm

Any particular legendary things that need to crop up? Anything where you go, "Yeah, the Ark of the Covenant, but nobody's ever heard of (blank) and it's so cool!"

Would you like to see more Core Earth Eternity Shards or are you more interested in Eternity Shards from the High Lords?

Keep in mind, I'm not looking for mechanics! Just some legendary Things that people'd love to see pop up.

Zackzenobi

Re: What Eternity Shards would you like to see?

Postby Zackzenobi » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:52 pm

I really want to see Eternity Shards from invading Realities. It helps give us more depth to the cosms.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:27 am

Zackzenobi wrote:I really want to see Eternity Shards from invading Realities. It helps give us more depth to the cosms.

I'll second that.

I alwayss liked reading the comments in books about how spells came about or hacks came about to cause xxx. They bring the background to life.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:22 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/peop ... 04321.html

Snippets:

When Terry Pratchett was knighted, he forged his own sword out of meteorite

Sir Terry gathered deposits of iron he found in a field near his home in Wiltshire and smelted it himself in the grounds.

To add a trademark element of fantasy to it, he threw in "several pieces of meteorites - thunderbolt iron, you see - highly magical, you've got to chuck that stuff in whether you believe in it or not."

The metal was then shaped into a sword by a local blacksmith, finished with silverwork and stored by Pratchett in a secret location, apparently because he feared it might pique the interest of the authorities.

If that didn't form an Eternity Shard, I can't think of what on Earth would!
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Atama

Postby Atama » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:20 pm

I’d like to see Kusanagi in Pan Pacifica. The name means Grasscutter in Japanese, and refers to the legend behind the sword, where (in part) it was used to cut down grass to stop an approaching fire. It also can supposedly generate great gusts of wind when swung, and was also used to kill an eight-headed dragon (the Yamata no Orochi).

The sword is tied to legends but it’s a real thing and one of the three Imperial Regalia of Japan. The other items are an octagonal mirror which reflects only truth and lets you see through deception/disguise, and a jewel (bead shaped like a claw made of jade) that in legend could create a god. (Amaterasu reportedly used such jewels, called “magatama”, to make lesser deities.) Any of those items might make a good Eternity Shard, though Kusanagi is the coolest one.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:29 am

I don’t have anything specific in mind, but I would like to see more shards whose purpose is not “protect this country/Core Earth.”

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:10 am

Also so Eternity shared that have evil inclinations. Tharkold should have something like

"Desmond demon Blade"
Cosm: Tharkold
Possibilities: 10
Tapping DN: 15
Purpose: to hunt down and kill dissidents.
Description:
Desmond was a famous thrall who was given this demon crafted bastard sword to hunt dissidents by an unknown Duke. After carving a bloodly path through the Dukes slave pens he went out to further decimate the Dukes land, causing the Dukes pride to be weaken.
This is the reason we have 7 Dukes and not 8.
Powers: Find tests are favoured to hunt non Tharkoldu. Possibilities can only be spent on Melee combat and to soak damage.
Restrictions: The powers can only be used while fighting the enemy's of the Tharkold Dukes while in a Thakold dominated or pure zone. Each possibility spent deals one shock that can only be healed naturally.
Question everything.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:06 am

Cassius Clay's Bowie Knife should absolutely be a Core Earth artifact. Click the link, it's a crazy story.

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:06 am

I'd like to see more stuff that isn't about protecting Core Earth or protecting stuff in general. That is to say, variety in purpose. Perhaps Shards with some "evil" or morally ambiguous history.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:02 am

Istrian wrote:I'd like to see more stuff that isn't about protecting Core Earth or protecting stuff in general. That is to say, variety in purpose. Perhaps Shards with some "evil" or morally ambiguous history.

Moral or evil shards should definitely exist. They would also fit right in there for Orrosh and Tharkold.
Question everything.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”