Aysle Backer Archetypes

mystic101

Re: Aysle Backer Archetypes

Postby mystic101 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Well I dont care how they do it. I just hope we get an Elven Monk.

Okay. I think I’ll take the plunge, and do a monk as mine then.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:10 pm

mystic101 wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:Well I dont care how they do it. I just hope we get an Elven Monk.

Saweeeet!

Do you still have access to the Original Aysle Sourcebook? You could look at the info on the Original Elven Path of True Knowledge for ideas.

It's your Archetype. I'm just throwing out ideas.

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:30 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:
mystic101 wrote:

Saweeeet!

Do you still have access to the Original Aysle Sourcebook? You could look at the info on the Original Elven Path of True Knowledge for ideas.

It's your Archetype. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Yep. I’ll look it over.

Atama

Postby Atama » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:50 pm

mystic101 wrote:

You rock.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Wonder if anyone will embrace the Dark perks and go for a Loki-like trickster?

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Wakshani wrote:Wonder if anyone will embrace the Dark perks and go for a Loki-like trickster?

Dark elf monk?
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Preparing for Late Pledge Champion seat.
So far have seen Skald, Druid, Elvish Sorcerer, Necromancer, Champion of Light, and Cleric of Dunad as preview picture.
And expecting spellbook mage, Core Earth soldier with plate mail, and dual-wield fencer from Kickstarter picture.

I'm interested in heroes from "monster" folk(centaur, minotaur, harpy, troll, gnome, kobold...), the concept which was represented in oTorg as followers of Mesus(centaur Light goddess of nature), Minthod(minotaur Outsider god of balance), and Celay(gnome Outsider goddess of life) but was not delved sufficiently, for invoking some power of diversity.

For some example:
*)Centaur Freelance
Proud and powerful centaur mercenary, more than willing to make a name fighting for the Delphi Council. Known for powerful charge, and deadly Rearing Strike with high-aloft lance.

*)Minotaur Mauler
Recently found that Dark forces are exploiting you. A powerful warrior with horn lunge, tough hide, frightening bellow, and/or burden-bearing body.

*)Kobold Snooper
Small and stealthy, and known for spying, cursing, sabotaging and stealing.

*)Herbaceous Healer Alraune
Plant folk with some vine whip, and potential for healing/enticing/killing powers. "Cultivated" by a Light mage, and has gained a Perk of Healing Nectar which is exhausting but helps healing others.

Other than that:
*)Holy Hawker
A follower of Light god Argon(a human archer god with companions of a hawk and an earth-elemental, hunting Dark avians and their patron goddess Harang the Dark harpy of pain). Has an Animal Companion(hawk).

*)Football/Rugby player
"What came from the playing fields of Eton has defeated Napoleon. And will do the same on Uthorion." An athlete with high Maneuver and keen tactical mind.

*)Fairy Doctor
An expert of Core Earth magical beings which came back to high-magic realm(and learning about magical beings from invading cosms). Good at dealing with them, and some "gift" from the Seelie Court can be useful on more mundane adventure.

*)Livind Sword/Living Armor
A self-aware magic item that can fight by oneself, but can do more with a proper user.

*)Cait-Sith
A sentient magical cat. Knows how Dark armies bulliy the cats and is disgusted about that.

*)Drone Handler
A Core Earth soldier carrying a small military drone, which has been proven useful for both underground scouting and attacking huge monsters from above...if it works under low-tech reality.

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:41 pm

Kuildeous wrote:Dark elf monk?

Actually . . . now that you mention it . . . if it works out like I’m hoping, there will be both rules elements and also concept elements in the archetype that will adjust for, and accommodate for the use of, both good and evil characters. :)

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:33 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:Preparing for Late Pledge Champion seat.
So far have seen Skald, Druid, Elvish Sorcerer, Necromancer, Champion of Light, and Cleric of Dunad as preview picture.
And expecting spellbook mage, Core Earth soldier with plate mail, and dual-wield fencer from Kickstarter picture.

I'm interested in heroes from "monster" folk(centaur, minotaur, harpy, troll, gnome, kobold...), the concept which was represented in oTorg as followers of Mesus(centaur Light goddess of nature), Minthod(minotaur Outsider god of balance), and Celay(gnome Outsider goddess of life) but was not delved sufficiently, for invoking some power of diversity.

For some example:

*)Minotaur Mauler
Recently found that Dark forces are exploiting you. A powerful warrior with horn lunge, tough hide, frightening bellow, and/or burden-bearing body.

*)Fairy Doctor
An expert of Core Earth magical beings which came back to high-magic realm(and learning about magical beings from invading cosms). Good at dealing with them, and some "gift" from the Seelie Court can be useful on more mundane adventure.

These are my favorites. :D

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:31 am

Transformed MI6/MI5 agent.
MI6 agent (a. la James Bond)
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”