Aysle Backer Archetypes

Zackzenobi

Re: Aysle Backer Archetypes

Postby Zackzenobi » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:41 am

Just reviewed the Rough Draft of my Aysle Backer Archetype! Im guessing it wont be too much longer till we should see the fruits of everyone's labor!!!

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:29 am

Huzzah!

We need more archetypes out there, bein' all awesome and stuffs!

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:17 am

mystic101 wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:Well I dont care how they do it. I just hope we get an Elven Monk.

Okay. I think I’ll take the plunge, and do a monk as mine then.

Love what you did there! :D

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:44 am

Zackzenobi wrote:
mystic101 wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:Well I dont care how they do it. I just hope we get an Elven Monk.

Okay. I think I’ll take the plunge, and do a monk as mine then.

Love what you did there! :D

With one of the new Perks from the CP sourcebook, I am now envisioning an Elven Adrian Monk; "It's a blessing, and a curse, and an Alteration/Folk spell."

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:51 pm

I see what you did there. :D

Though I've only seen a couple episodes.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:57 am

QuarrelBlue wrote:Preparing for Late Pledge Champion seat.
So far have seen Skald, Druid, Elvish Sorcerer, Necromancer, Champion of Light, and Cleric of Dunad as preview picture.
And expecting spellbook mage, Core Earth soldier with plate mail, and dual-wield fencer from Kickstarter picture.

I'm interested in heroes from "monster" folk(centaur, minotaur, harpy, troll, gnome, kobold...), the concept which was represented in oTorg as followers of Mesus(centaur Light goddess of nature), Minthod(minotaur Outsider god of balance), and Celay(gnome Outsider goddess of life) but was not delved sufficiently, for invoking some power of diversity.

So we ended up with several 'Monster' Archetypes. was one of those yours?

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:07 am

Zackzenobi wrote:
QuarrelBlue wrote:I'm interested in heroes from "monster" folk(centaur, minotaur, harpy, troll, gnome, kobold...), the concept which was represented in oTorg as followers of Mesus(centaur Light goddess of nature), Minthod(minotaur Outsider god of balance), and Celay(gnome Outsider goddess of life) but was not delved sufficiently, for invoking some power of diversity.

So we ended up with several 'Monster' Archetypes. was one of those yours?

No, I have failed to secure the seat for a Champion, but I'm glad to hear that there are some people who has contributed to Torg Eternity Storm Knights racial diversity, and looking forward to actually see the new playable races...

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 am

Well no spoilers. I did the 3rd Archetype in the list. Dedicated it to my Nephew. Love to hear your thoughts. Darrell said all proofing was done, so should be soon...

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:18 am

And they're all out. Huzzah!

Standouts were the Noble Scion, "James Bard", and the prepared Leader. The last one there is just *perfect*.

She gets second-best art behind the Academic Warden tho. She's just *oozing* personality.

Oh, and the statcount:

Cha dumpstat: 6 (arguably 5 since the Pixie has a Cha 6 but Str 5!)
Cha 'tag'tat: 2 (With one having dual 9's in Cha and Spirit)

Overall 'tag' attributes:
Cha 1, Dex 1, Min 2, Spi 3, Str 5, two dual 9s (Cha and Spi, Dex and Spi)

Overall dumpstat count:
Cha 6, Dex 2, Min 3, Spi 0, Str 5 (With Cha 6 and Str 5, the Pixie is a rare double dumpstat!)

That no one has a Spirit under 7 is interesting! This shows the fear of Disconnection in players who focus on non-Core Earth characters I think; your special stuff goes "poof!" and it's just a BEAR to try and get it back if your Spirit's too low. A cosm so focused on medieval gear is, obviously, going to have a bias for strong melee sorts, but there were surprisingly few high Mind characters … probably because of how many spellcasters were already in the main Aysle archetypes, so that's a well-worn path.

Overall, I love 'em! I hope that we get to see some insight from the individual creators as time goes by. I'm curious, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. :D

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:48 am

James Bard, Excellent!
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”