Things you'd like to know about the Living Land.

QuarrelBlue

Re: Things you'd like to know about the Living Land.

Postby QuarrelBlue » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:17 pm

Since Living Land is a Spiritual Reality, things I want to know are mostly theological ones...

*)How gold is regarded in Keta Kalles worldview
Clan Goldsun is known for its love of gold, but isn't refined metal considered "Dead Thing" in Keta Kalles?

*)Theological difference between using things "once lived", for crafted tools and for undead tools.
TorgE Keta Kalles is not against using Bone and Hide Armors or Bone-Carved Totems. Why not bone servants?

*)Probability of Rek Stalek cultist as a Player Character.
Los Asangrados has some Blood Witch Storm Knights, but the position of Rek Stalek worshippers(who isn't too loyal to Thrakmoss for cooperating with living human) looks still unclear.

*)Concept of "ghost" in Keta Kalles, and the namesake of the Ghost Clan
The name "Ghost Clan" suggests that there is a concept of "ghost", but doesn't Keta Kalles lack the concept of afterlife?

*)More info about Palachi and Goldenscales Clan
Palachi Clan in known as a clan of human tribes and for green/blue/white tribal marking, but I think we need to know more, like other Edeinos clans.
And, is Goldenscales another name for Goldsun clan, or it it another clan?

*)Deeper inside Larendi culture, especially religion
Larendi is now a playable race, but I didn't hear much about their culture, including thir preferred Gear, religion, and Miracles.
(Since Merretika is under Living Land Reality they will have access to its advanced Miracles, but we must know about their religion first.)

*)Chances for some symbiotic Gears
This may intermingle with Rules section, but the Living Land may have more "Living" Gears, and there may be something go par with Grafted Weapon of Rek Stalek bone shapers...

Atama

Postby Atama » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:20 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:*)Concept of "ghost" in Keta Kalles, and the namesake of the Ghost Clan
The name "Ghost Clan" suggests that there is a concept of "ghost", but doesn't Keta Kalles lack the concept of afterlife?

Speculating, or playing devil’s advocate, but “ghosts” don’t necessarily require there to be an afterlife. Ghosts are usually thought of in real life as souls of dead people, but they don’t have to be. They could be incorporeal spiritual beings that are naturally in that state, or artificially created (perhaps by a Gotak that follows Rec Stalek).

Also, in the “Lost Treasures” section of the Living Land sourcebook, it mentions the possibility of “restless ghosts” haunting derelict cargo ships. So it’s quite likely the Edeinos have encountered ghosts at some point, either when invading other cosms or maybe haunting ruins preserved by Lanala.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:17 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of us submitting different Lost Worlds for others to us...

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:36 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of us submitting different Lost Worlds for others to us...

Kind of like what I was doing here ... viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3736 .. and a few other threads like this one. I kind of dropped the ball here as life gets in the way.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:17 am

Ya something just like that.

I know I want a Lost World with Magic Steam Golems a la Warmachine.

Screenshot_20191123-001602_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20191123-001602_Google.jpg (754.84 KiB) Viewed 462 times

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”