Cyberpapacy Preview #1 - One Year Later...

Wakshani

Re: Cyberpapacy Preview #1 - One Year Later...

Postby Wakshani » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:54 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Now you're scaring me..

Spoiler alert! It's a giant fishing net. They used it to capture Lanala and they've drug her to Barcelona for a trial.

True story.

Atama

Postby Atama » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:53 pm

Here’s a preview from the new GodNet...

“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

cloudshaper2k

Postby cloudshaper2k » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:10 am

Atama wrote:Here’s a preview from the new GodNet...

Your signature is especially appropriate here.

TCArknight

Postby TCArknight » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:53 am

cloudshaper2k wrote:

So very true! LoL

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:16 am

TCArknight wrote:
cloudshaper2k wrote:

So very true! LoL

His full name would be Atama Abunai("Watch out the head"). :twisted:

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:32 am

TCArknight wrote:Also, this comment:
Out of the invading cosms, the Cyberpapacy has the highest technology. In addition to the GodNet, a virtual reality that you literally upload your soul to, cyberware is ubiquitous, and holograms and limited force field technology allow artificial intelligences to extend into the Flesh. Jacking out doesn’t mean you’ve escaped.

TRON as a full-on, real Storm Knight? Possibility?

Or even the EMH from Star Trek: Voyager?

Reality-rated AI is Tech 27, but if any Non-Evil sentient supernatural being with Possibility Potential exists in GodNet, or a spirit sucked into GodNet can regain some freedom and utilize such technology(like Materialization of GodNet entity, instead of Spirit Chip technology), there may be a HardLight Storm Knight...

And that suggested me the possibility of HardLight Armor, which can give the word "A Knight In Shining Armor" a totally new meaning.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:33 am

TorgHacker wrote:
QuarrelBlue wrote:*)Is Law of Stagnation introduced to completely snuff out oTorg Cyberpapacy's "before the Revolution" flavor, or to make the flavor come DURING the invasion of the Earth?

1. No, I came up with the Law of Stagnation to explain why so much of the CP's social stuff was lower than Social 18, but then I realized that it could make Tech advancement more interesting. Though I may be not understanding what you mean by "before the Revolution" flavor.

In oTorg CyberFrance, people can undersatnd the concepts of personal liberty, equality and brotherhood, constitutional government, capitalism and communism, and especially transformed ex-Core Earther DO understand them.
They(especially transformed ex-Core Earther) can see that Cyberchurch Theocracy is an obsolete "Ancien Régime" which is going backward even under their new Reality, can understand what the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen means, and can unitedly stand up for "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity"(which is the core value of the French Republic) if given chance.
In short, they can reinvent the French Revolution and the French Republic, and that's what The Resistance is struggling to do.

Under the the Law of Stagnation, it's Contradiction.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:41 am

QuarrelBlue wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
QuarrelBlue wrote:*)Is Law of Stagnation introduced to completely snuff out oTorg Cyberpapacy's "before the Revolution" flavor, or to make the flavor come DURING the invasion of the Earth?

1. No, I came up with the Law of Stagnation to explain why so much of the CP's social stuff was lower than Social 18, but then I realized that it could make Tech advancement more interesting. Though I may be not understanding what you mean by "before the Revolution" flavor.

In oTorg CyberFrance, people can undersatnd the concepts of personal liberty, equality and brotherhood, constitutional government, capitalism and communism, and especially transformed ex-Core Earther DO understand them.
They(especially transformed ex-Core Earther) can see that Cyberchurch Theocracy is an obsolete "Ancien Régime" which is going backward even under their new Reality, can understand what the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen means, and can unitedly stand up for "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity"(which is the core value of the French Republic) if given chance.
In short, they can reinvent the French Revolution and the French Republic, and that's what The Resistance is struggling to do.

Under the the Law of Stagnation, it's Contradiction.

No, it's not a contradiction. The Law of Stagnation only prevents the development of those aspects internally. It doesn't stop them from being introduced externally.

Otherwise there wouldn't be a Resistance.

A common theme that is running through many of these cosms is that invading Core Earth is one of the worst things they could have done. Core Earthers are contaminating them.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Atama

Postby Atama » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:38 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:
TCArknight wrote:
cloudshaper2k wrote:Your signature is especially appropriate here.

So very true! LoL

His full name would be Atama Abunai("Watch out the head"). :twisted:

I’ve been called Atama Baka before. :)
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:23 am

JUST got INternet after 36 hours of Silence.

Man, another day of it and I'd have been lining up outside of the local CyberMission, holding out a laptop and crying, "Megapulses for the poor, please?"

Looks like Preview #3 is up and, oo buddy, have I been waiting for THIS one!

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”