Previous conquered cosms

GeniusCodeMonkey
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 am

Previous conquered cosms

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:26 pm

I know there is limited space, but are we going to get information on previous conquered cosms?

We know Mobius has conquered 9 previous cosms, were they all 1930s type cosms?

What about the other Hogh Lords? How many have they conquered? What effect has this had in shaping each High Lord and their original cosms?
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4729
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Previous conquered cosms

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:12 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:I know there is limited space, but are we going to get information on previous conquered cosms?

We know Mobius has conquered 9 previous cosms, were they all 1930s type cosms?

What about the other Hogh Lords? How many have they conquered? What effect has this had in shaping each High Lord and their original cosms?


It'll depend on if it's relevant. Usually it's not.

But the focus is going to be on what happens on Earth. That said, we'll be discussing one of the conquered cosms in Pan-Pacifica, for reasons

*Kadandra* COUGH *

Then there's Gaea when we do Orrorsh, but even then there won't be much detail.

As for others, unless there's a good reason to actually define something, we prefer to not define it, if only to allow a story idea to be used in the future.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wakshani
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Re: Previous conquered cosms

Postby Wakshani » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:10 am

Heck, we don't even know if any conquered cosms are still in *existance* … do they fade out, all Possibilities drained, and just fizzle away? Do they remain as burned out huskworlds, full of ash and empty windswept plains? Or do some get *mostly* drained but left alive, to serve as resources for future conquests? Harnessing, say, 90% of a world's energy, but leaving it alive so that you can still mine it for resources, grow crops, and recruit the populace, is a possible approach.

I suppose "It depends" is the default answer, with different High Lords having different strategies.

ZorValachan
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Previous conquered cosms

Postby ZorValachan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:12 am

Wakshani wrote: I suppose "It depends" is the default answer, with different High Lords having different strategies.


Pretty much this.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

GeniusCodeMonkey
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 am

Re: Previous conquered cosms

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:50 am

ZorValachan wrote:
Wakshani wrote: I suppose "It depends" is the default answer, with different High Lords having different strategies.


Pretty much this.


But we still don't know... we only know that CE it Mobius 10th Empire, What about the rest? Is there a theme for each HL?
i.e.
The GM leaves the cosms completely drained and a husk, we know that.
Tharkold probably keep the cosms and mine them resources, both human and material.
Nile is probably the same as above.
?Cyberpapacy?
Aysle takes what the wants and leaves the cosm?
Living Land takes over the cosm and keeps it, letting the jungle and dinos keeps the remaining population in check.
Pan-Pacifica takes over the cosm and keeps it, mining for resources and money. The cosm probably doesn't even know it's been taken over.


Does that sounds about right?
The only question is how many cosms each HL has taken over?
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

QuarrelBlue
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Re: Previous conquered cosms

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:06 am

What come to my mind is, "where's the people from conquered cosms?"
Since people never change race on TorgE transformation, any subjugated people(or voluntary turncoats) from conquered cosms will still be races native to those cosms, and they may come to Earth under the yoke of Reality Raiders.

Unless the High Lords kill them all.

GeniusCodeMonkey
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 am

Re: Previous conquered cosms

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:48 am

QuarrelBlue wrote:What come to my mind is, "where's the people from conquered cosms?"
Since people never change race on TorgE transformation, any subjugated people(or voluntary turncoats) from conquered cosms will still be races native to those cosms, and they may come to Earth under the yoke of Reality Raiders.

Unless the High Lords kill them all.


Unless the majority of cosms are Human and and a rare few are not.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Wakshani
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Re: Previous conquered cosms

Postby Wakshani » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:10 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
QuarrelBlue wrote:What come to my mind is, "where's the people from conquered cosms?"
Since people never change race on TorgE transformation, any subjugated people(or voluntary turncoats) from conquered cosms will still be races native to those cosms, and they may come to Earth under the yoke of Reality Raiders.

Unless the High Lords kill them all.


Unless the majority of cosms are Human and and a rare few are not.


Which is what we see, honestly. You have a few non-human sentient beings, mostly due to magic (Demons, werecritters, Elves) who can only live in cosms with a high enough Magic axiom, with only a couple others … Edeinos being THE big one, but Stalengers and Giant Sloth if you dig a bit.

But, by far and away, Human is the default. Quite a few get converted to the greater cause, I'd assume, and the ones who are Possibility-rated are certainly absorbed, but the majority? Again, depends on the high Lord. Some leave them behind to die with their world, others lake people with them, while yet others leave them behind as colonies, taking up material from them to aid in future invasions.

Again, depends massively on the High Lord in question.

johntfs
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:31 am

Re: Previous conquered cosms

Postby johntfs » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:43 pm

For my part, I would assume that once a cosm is fully and completed drained of Possibilities it ceases to exist. There's no "possibility" of life. There's no "possibility" of existence because there's no longer the possibility of matter. Or energy. Or anything. There is only the Void. Remember that the "real" enemies in TORG are not the High Lords but the Darkness Devices themselves, which exist to return all that exists to the Void before existence.

Figure Mobius would have wanted to be the Pharaoh of nine other fully functioning empires but the Kheftiri Idol doesn't give a crap about that. Because the Kheftiri Idol is using Mobius as its tool to reduce the Cosmverse to Nothing - just like the other DDs.

That's one reason that the Living Land is unique. Aside from the occasional trophy, minion or even prisoner that the High Lord chooses to take him him (or her), nothing is left of a cosm once it gets drained. However, the Living Land preserves... dioramas of places/beings/etc. that no longer exist due to Baruk Kaah's depredations.


Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests