Cyberpapacy Sourcebook!!

Atama

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook!!

Postby Atama » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:21 am

darrell wrote:
videopete wrote:So capsule corp is a thing, or in areas with godnet connectivity, you can summon hardlight programs

Which does raise the possibility of Arnold Rimmer as a PC.

Someone needs to make an archetype called “Smeghead”.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:19 pm

With the French tendency to strike and riot when they believe their rights are impinged I expect to see a lot of this; especially in Paris.

How are the EU taking this? The Cyberpapacy doesn't only cover France, so how are the other countries dealing with this?

Is there puppet Royalty? I.e. has there been a resurgence of feudal powers over a democratic state but controlled by the church?

Piety scores... I want to know if there are game mechanics around it.. I.e. the higher scores give Favoured persuasion tests against church officials etc.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:23 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Is there puppet Royalty? I.e. has there been a resurgence of feudal powers over a democratic state but controlled by the church?

Out of curiosity, why would there be one?

Piety scores... I want to know if there are game mechanics around it.. I.e. the higher scores give Favoured persuasion tests against church officials etc.

Oh, yes, that too!

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Got paid today and the Archetype level was still available!! That gives me 4 out of 4. I hear there is a cool prize if you send in your proof of purchase for all 7 Archetypes lol.

But seriously I am really looking forward to seeing our new Monsters and Gospog. I'm already in love with the 3 different types of mages so looking forward to more of that.

I'm excited about the stuff that I dont know to be excited about!

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Yoric wrote:
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Is there puppet Royalty? I.e. has there been a resurgence of feudal powers over a democratic state but controlled by the church?

Out of curiosity, why would there be one?

Well, with the lower Social axiom, people aren't really a part of some kind of global empire. They're much more interested in their own nation first, and, with that, you have the Divine Right of Kings/the Mandate of Heaven. It'd be awful nice to have some royals about, taking care of things like running a nation and dealing with paving roads and whatnot while the clergy focus on more spiritual matters.

And finance.

Gold is good for the soul, don't you know? Why, even the three Wise Men brought some to Jesus, so to should you donate yours to the Church! Love of money is the root of all evil, you know, so best to pas sit over for safekeeping. Keep you away form temptation.

We're just thinking of you after all. You should be thankful!

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Count Thalim wrote:I'm most interested in the locations and characters in the occupied territories.
The axiom change in the LL basically chased most people out, the one in the NE actively changed peoples beliefs.
The CP prepared people for the second coming more than the others it seems but without the NE mind alteration it will be interesting to see how the CP has dealt with those who have not accepted their new messiah.

I am expecting more rebellions and push back than in the NE, but with more ways of dealing with it.
How that pays out across the territories will prove interesting.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:09 pm

Heroes of the Possibility Wars unlocks at 76k! I've got a pretty good guess what that is. If I am right, its gonna be pretty awesome!

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:10 am

I'd also be interested in knowing about money in the Cyberpapacy. The Core Rules mention that (Church-controlled) Cybertech is basically free in the Cyberpapacy and it is my understanding that the Cyberchurch also provides Social Security and food and lodging for all the faithful.

So is there still money? Who uses it and for what?

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:03 am

Well, Man does not live by bread alone... money still has uses. How else will you have donations to the Church? Tithes have to come from somewhere after all. :D

darrell

Postby darrell » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 am

Maybe you tithe some of the processing power from your cycberware when you're not using it. Like some screwed-up CETI At Home.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”